Suggestions

daftpegasus

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Suggestions

To stop people making their first post a staking request I guess. Doofus :tongue2
Yes, but not everyone who starts out wants to post up a staking request. This rule would also stop members who simply want to stake another PLer. If someone with less than 50 posts or less than 6 months membership posts up a staking request they get dealt with promptly so I can't see why the rule gremlin suggests would be required. :unsure

Yes' date=' but not everyone who starts out wants to post up a staking request. This rule would also stop members who simply want to stake another PLer. If someone with less than 50 posts or less than 6 months membership posts up a staking request they get dealt with promptly so I can't see why the rule gremlin suggests would be required. :unsure[/quote'] Yeah, Gremlin. Doofus. You should know not to listen to us women Gaz..

• 1 month later...

Re: Suggestions Is it possible to have a #Stickied# Bad Stakers list for people who have done runners and reneged on payments. With as many of their known SIte id's as possible - :eyes It may stop them doing over some other stakers elsewhere if their actions are shown on Public Forums, and may also dissuade any 'would be' welshers from trying it on. :wall:wall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Suggestions Site i use for staking has a similar thing and details info like this

• PokerStars - XXXXX
  • Full Tilt - ixxxxxx
  • Party Poker - xxxxxx
  • PKR Poker - xxxxxxx
  • TonyG Poker -xxxxx
  • 888 Pacific - xxxxxxxx
  • Ultimate Bet xxxxxxxx
  • Absolute Poker - xxxxxxxx
  • Titan Poker - ixxxxxxxx

This player has been banned from staking or receiving stakes due to not updating result/not paying winiongs etc: Email: [email protected] Real Name: xxxxxxxxxx Phone Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 1 month later...

Yeah, Gremlin. Doofus. You should know not to listen to us women Gaz..
That post is bloody hilarious. :rollin:rollin:rollin Just read this thread.:eyes Initial idea to to allow anybody to get staking on here: Have a central account which players who do not meet the staking requirements must deposit the total required funds into before asking for the staking. Once the staking is completed the funds are then returned to the player in full. This would allow new prospective players into the staking forum without being instantly seen as a potential scammer. Second idea is a second fund into which 1% of all profits are depositted. This fund could be for an annual ''Staker's Special'' game / league where all stakers/stakees play in a game with the funds as the prize money. I can see pros and cons here but hopefully will stimulate a bit of thought. :ok

Have a central account which players who do not meet the staking requirements must deposit the total required funds into before asking for the staking. Once the staking is completed the funds are then returned to the player in full. This would allow new prospective players into the staking forum without being instantly seen as a potential scammer.
Having someone who could serve as an ESCROW option would be helpfull :ok

Re: Suggestions Not sure how an escrow option could help for staking :unsure Presumably most staking requests are because people dont have the funds to pay for the stake themselves - but even if they do, how much do they escrow? The original stake, or the potential winnings? If it's just the original stake, still the potential for abuse. If its potential winnings - well that could be a lot of money!

Re: Suggestions ESCROW the original stake would at least give the stakers a partial protection, escrowing the potential winnings would be unfundable for large MTT's. Most of the bad stakings have been players not playing the games they said they would and never give the original stake money back. On the other side the horses would have to be able to buy in with their own funds, with only the promise of the ESCROW party that they will get refunded if they make a loss. I think most of the horses have deep enough pockets to play the games, but it might be a bit steep to fund themselves for 10%+ of their total bankroll. Lowering the risk for their bankroll by asking for staking is not a bad idea, the horse gets to play the "big" games while not risking a to big portion of their bankroll. Imaging the horse has played for a few months and has a bankroll of $200, and they want a staking worth $100 to play a few good value added MTT's... that kind of player might be ok with an ESCROW option?

Re: Suggestions I know I have avoided staking `new` players I didn´t trust, nomatter how good the offer looks. :$ If there was a trustworthy ESCROW option then I would at least take a look at the offer instead of always ignoring new players asking for staking. On the other side you might be right Gaf, the chance that someone would play the games and ask for a refund if they fail and keep any winnings they should win would still be there. The ESCROW option with partial protection for the stakers might give the stakers a false feeling of protection and make them more often a victim of scams then they have been now.

Re: Suggestions I've just had a quick look at the staking blacklist. I'm aware of one or two of the cases, but I'd ask the mods to include a link to the disputed thread to make things easier to understand. e.g.

PL Username-paul2475 Real Name-Paul Murphy Ladbrokes-ieatu4dindin Diamondbet-paul53(cork) microgaming-beatdisfish Pokerstars=ieatu4dindin Circus Poker-ieatu4dindinz betsafe-paul245709 moneybookers.com([email protected]). Reason for blacklist; http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f89/paul2475-staking-102465/
The only suggestion I can make at this time would be that if players were requesting staking for a series of games, then a trusted escrow could possibly release the funds to the stakee incrementally. (I know it won't always be workable btw)

Re: Suggestions I am doing some digging and am pretty certain that this is a typo:

betsafe-paul245709
It should be paul247509 It's (now with hindsight) pretty obvious when you google Paul Murphy and his various aliases that he is at it and has been for a while on every staking site going - most of them have now banned him (multiple times under varias aliases)

• 1 month later...