Ayr 27/8

SportHorse Racing
EventAyr 15:10
SelectionTrimlestown (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date27/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 6.00 (Back)
ReasoningTrimlestown is down to a class 6 now, This horse has performed well at much higher levels. A winner at the distance, Winner on softish ground before. e/w bet.

Re: Ayr 27/8

SportHorse Racing
EventAyr 16:10
SelectionTrouble Mountain (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date27/08/2008
Bookmaker/Pricetotesport @ 19.00 (Back)
ReasoningTrouble Mountain has been around a long time, 11 years old now and not getting any younger. He has bits of form, A winner at this distance 3 runs ago. Has some good form at Ayr on this ground. May have one more good run in him. e/w claims.

Re: Ayr 27/8 my best bet of the day would be to lay alexander hurricane 340 ayr. up in trip and weight and that combination in this field gives him a difficult task. could improve for the trip, but i dont think he will. several live dangers and 4-1 rp sp looks short.

Re: Ayr 27/8 15:10 Ayr The Salwick Flyer(9 on betfair) - The 5yo has got good recent form and came 3rd LTO on the exact same ground that is at ayr today. I think the horse will just strating to get into stride and has a good chance of finishing top 3 today at least. The Salwick Flyer - E/W

Re: Ayr 27/8 15:40 Ayr Ancient Cross(11 on Betfair) - Has done well last few runs coming top 3, the ground and step up in trip should help this horse as it starts to come into stride, Alexander Hurricane the danger with a few good runs. Ancient Cross E/W

Re: Ayr 27/8 2.10 Was just reading the form comment for Island Chief's maiden run at Thirsk LTO

swerved left and hampered after 1f, behind until stayed on well final 2f, never nearer, will improve
At the price (9/1) I'm going to take a little punt as the yard do well enough with their newcomers and it may come on now its got a run under its belt (that was on soft ground, like it faces today, too). Interestingly, he's also a half-brother to the useful Cobo Bay, who won over this distance as a 2 yo.

2.10 Was just reading the form comment for Island Chief's maiden run at Thirsk LTO At the price (9/1) I'm going to take a little punt as the yard do well enough with their newcomers and it may come on now its got a run under its belt (that was on soft ground, like it faces today, too). Interestingly, he's also a half-brother to the useful Cobo Bay, who won over this distance as a 2 yo.
I was looking at this horse this morning - Its 14/1 with Sportingbet :hope

Re: Ayr 27/8 2.10 ISLAND CHIEF 14/1 SportingBet - EW This horse really caught my eye last time out in a Thirsk maiden on similar ground. He was very unruly throughout the race, but then stayed on near the death. He ran with a lot of promise that day, and will improve on that experience. Today, he is in a similar race, and the Kevin Ryan yard looks to be coming back into form after a slight sticky spell. With so many other unexposed horses in the race, you can never be certain, but the way this one staye on last time suggests to me he is capable of putting in a good performance. Looks worth a risk at the price anyway.

Re: Ayr 27/8 Ayr 4-10 VICIOUS WARRIOR. The last time this horse won was at ayr on the soft ground.I prefer it front runnin doesnt like other horses passing it and stays well under pressure and at 7-1 that is a massive price (lads),also has a very good draw and should go well . Ayr 4-40 Imperial sword Was 2nd behind almost married 18 days ago when went on at 4-1 fav ..finished well.Today both horses go off at same weight and i think imperial sword will be too strong for goldies horse(s) this time around.

Re: Ayr 27/8 3.10 TRIMLESTOWN This looks a competitive race, however, I feel one horse stands out over the rest. Trimlestown loves these kind of conditions and this race today looks to be right up his street. Under Henry Cecil, he was more than able to hold his own at Class 3 level, however his form has deteriorated somewhat since then. Since switching to Kevin Ryan, he has been unable to get competitive at Class 4 level, even in todays ground. He did show promise at York 3 runs ago, but it was still below his best. Today sees him run in a lowly class 6 race, and with a dropping handicap mark, he has to go close if he can show a glimmer of his old form. He may be going downhill, but conditions are perfect for him today, and I hope he puts it in. 3.40 HANDSOME FALCON Handosme Falcon took a while to get going over 7f 4 days ago, suggesting this step up in trip to 1 mile will be right up his street. He will get slightly better ground today, and I am a big fan of the apprentice on board who has been firing in winners everywhere for Richard Fahey. I think there are doubts over many of the others in the race, and I think this is a good chance for Handosme Falcon to win. I am not sure about how much he wants to win though, so an EW bet is advised. :hope:ok

SportHorse Racing
Strength5/10
Date27/08/2008
ReasoningTrimlestown is down to a class 6 now, This horse has performed well at much higher levels. A winner at the distance, Winner on softish ground before. e/w bet.
2nd. :)

3.40 HANDSOME FALCON Handosme Falcon took a while to get going over 7f 4 days ago, suggesting this step up in trip to 1 mile will be right up his street. He will get slightly better ground today, and I am a big fan of the apprentice on board who has been firing in winners everywhere for Richard Fahey. I think there are doubts over many of the others in the race, and I think this is a good chance for Handosme Falcon to win. I am not sure about how much he wants to win though, so an EW bet is advised. :hope:ok
Nice one Stewart, Was well backed before the off. :ok:ok

3.40 Ayr Moheebb Ran well earlier in season and this time last year. Distance and going to suit and should run well at a decent price. If the break has sharpened him up the handicapper has given him a big chance today.
Damn took 12s thought it would get there:cry:cry:cry

SportHorse Racing
Strength5/10
Date27/08/2008
my best bet of the day would be to lay alexander hurricane 340 ayr. up in trip and weight and that combination in this field gives him a difficult task. could improve for the trip' date=' but i dont think he will. several live dangers and 4-1 rp sp looks short.[/quote'] Well done guys :clap:clap:clap good profit in this thread today

Re: Ayr 27/8 5.10 I really fancied Stoneacre Chris LTO but she was a NR at Lingfield. She looked the winner on her penultimate start when blasting off at Lingfield but tired late on, she just looked like a very unfit horse - it was her first run for 4 months. She ran well LTO when a little unlucky behind Cheshire Rose - wasn't given the best of rides by Kelly Harrison. Closely weighted with Select Committee and I think there is a race in here. Small stakes only but will back her and have a RFC with Select Committee.

5.10 I really fancied Stoneacre Chris LTO but she was a NR at Lingfield. She looked the winner on her penultimate start when blasting off at Lingfield but tired late on, she just looked like a very unfit horse - it was her first run for 4 months. She ran well LTO when a little unlucky behind Cheshire Rose - wasn't given the best of rides by Kelly Harrison. Closely weighted with Select Committee and I think there is a race in here. Small stakes only but will back her and have a RFC with Select Committee.
Ran a fair race considering the jockey decided to take the scenic route. Hopefully connections will enter it in the right race (back on dirt maybe) so I can get stuck into her at a later date. Handicapped to win for sure.