Windsor - 23/08/08

Windsor 6.20 Listed Race I quite like Tranquil Tiger but felt it was really disappointing last time out and won't be touching it at these odds. It won well at Pontefract but only against a sub standard field and had them strung out when it kicked for home. Probably won't get away with those tactics here. I whittled the field down to Tranquil Tiger, Humungous and Ronaldsay. I expect Humungous to run a good race but can't help feel it is nothing more than a decent handicapper and might struggle with this trip. The one I've gone for is Ronaldsay, 2nd last time out to the highly progressive improver Suzi's Decision and finished the race well. I was actually expecting it to win but Suzi's Decision held on. Sweet Lilly was 5th in that race and has finished 1st and 2nd between that run, again giving the form a boost. It has won at Listed level, beating Cosmodrome in June and has won on good to firm and for Richard Hughes. Nice double figure price worth backing ew. Suggested Bet: 5pts EW Ronaldsay 12-1 Ladbrokes (1/5 odds 1st 3) Windsor 7.20 Class 4 Handicap I was mightily impressed by Grande Annee last time out as it just quickened clear with each stride after being held up by Shane Kelly. It was the style in which it won that made me note it as one to follow and I don't think a 9lb raise will stop it going in again today. That last run was on good to firm and same conditions expected here. Likely to improve again and some in this field look awful. Worthy favourite and one of the best bets this month. Put your wage on it as I can't see it losing. :D Suggested Bet: 10pts WIN Grande Annee 11/10 Bet365

Windsor 23/8

SportHorse Racing
EventWindsor 18:50
SelectionGulf Express
Strength10/10
Date23/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningGulf Express impressed me last time out at Goodwood where he saw off some good horses to take the race. 3 out of hes 4 wins have come over this trip and I fancy him to take this race tonight. Moore riding which is a positive.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.