** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

£20 - £1000, Help required.

Guest Punter66

Guest Punter66

I've done my money chaps, i've got no internet funds to gamble with, i started in the beggining of August full of optimism with £300, 80 bets later at the end of October i had lost the lot. I'm getting increasingly bored by not being able to have a gamble and i need to get back on track. I now have £20 to gamble with, though due to being so overdrawn i can only take odds from a Ladbrokes shop coupon for now. With that £20 i want to do a single each week to make a long term accumalator until i reach £1000, i know these types of bets are usually doomed for failure but with £20 its the only type of bet i can come up with right now. Every week i will choose a few games at odds that i consider to be acceptable for each stage of the bet. All i ask of you is to incourage or discourage any of the selections, all geniune comments appreciated. For this weekend i have come up with, Hull v Mansfield Yeovil v Scunthorpe Dundee Utd v Partick Which team is most likely to win or should i make this week a No bet. I know my chances are slim with this type of bet but if i do happen to reach £1000 then i will send £150 to the person who i beleive has contributed the most to it being succesful (prize maybe shared). I will last check this thread and post the pick around 10.30am every Saturday. At present time i have Dundee Utd as very slight Fav but i have yet to see any team news. :)

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: £20 - £1000, Help required. If you have managed to lose your bank (not easy) perhaps a radical re-think is necessary before embarking on a second attempt. Have you analysed your bets to determine where you are going wrong?

Guest madmick

Re: £20 - £1000, Help required. Punter you need to understand that setting up a long term accumulator like this is no different than going into the shop and trying to bet 8 or 9 games (or whatever) correctly, i.e. bloody difficult. The only plus point is that you can bail out at an intermediate stage. Why not start slow with your £20 and use it as your bank. Grow it, and as you can afford to add to it, do so, otherwise I fear it will be following the £300 already lost.

Guest Punter66

Re: £20 - £1000, Help required. Hi Odds, Madmick. I have analysed to a certain degree where i went wrong. Last season i started with a bank sum and used a system to which i think you call the Martingale (i think), but there were a couple of occasions where i had to downsize after a run of three losses in order not to completley lose my bank. It managed to last until February before finally crashing but by then i had taken back double my original stake out. After seeing several threads at the begging of this season on the Martingale i thought i would leave it until Xmas (where my strike rate peaked the previous season) and decided just to do several singles each week. I was doing ok with it for a while but decided to up my stakes, too big, too soon and lost the lot (my three biggest bets of the season all lost). Looking at it again i realized i had upped the amount of bets i was having too, from approx' 8 a month last season to about 25 a month this season. The other fault i found was i was picking to many aways to try and get bigger prices. Madmick,

you need to understand that setting up a long term accumulator like this is no different than going into the shop and trying to bet 8 or 9 games (or whatever) correctly, i.e. bloody difficult.
Doing a weekly one does give you more games to pick from the coupon though, which must help to a certain degree? Maybe i should start slow but i wont really miss the £20 if it loses. What i really want to do is get to a stake size where i can get the buzz/addrenilin/nervous/@#%$ myself type kind of bet again. Thanks P66

Guest DannyCash

accumulator betting As long as you accept this type of bet as a fun thing rather than doing your nut if it all goes wrong. I did something similar with horses to place in a rolling accumulator got £20 up to £200 before it crashed. You must remember that although you have the entire coupon to choose from, it makes it no more certain that your single selection will win. There are "coupon - busters" every week, look at Chelsea last week, Man Utd when they played Fulham a few weeks back, Rangers last week too... seemingly certain teams WILL lose week in week out, guarenteed. You are far better off placing singles and that way the invevitable losses won't destroy your entire bank. I wish you luck in this and I hope you are not offeneded at my comments. Danny

Guest Punter66

Re: accumulator betting Not offended at all Danny (just disapointed you never posted who you thought had best chance out of the 3 or who i should avoid :) ), it is a fun bet, i just wanted to see how far we can take it. If for instance i can go 4 weeks (i know still very tough) then my betting for the month has only cost me a fiver a week, thats the way i'm looking at it. I'm not desperate to win (that sounds daft i know), its just a small on going gamble to keep the bordom away until i get proper funds for singles again. :)

Guest DannyCash

Re: accumulator betting Punter66, Hull are up there at the top but have only won 1 of their last 6 in the league, they come up against strong opposition who incidently have scored more goals in the league than anyone else. Too tight. Yeovil are on form however so are Scunthorpe who haven't lost since the 11th October. Yeovil's home form is impressive though and may be the key factor, scoring 2 goals on average in home games. Partick's away record is so bad I would have to go with Dundee but it wouldn't be a confident bet as they don't score enough goals. Dan

Re: accumulator betting if you are serious then skip UK football totally! look at leagues where teams really do dominate their leagues - okay celtic + rangers aside! i only bet on UK games these days to fulfill my interest in UK football, not because i think i can make money from it....take a look at some of the other european leagues for inspiration! okay the odds might not be what you are hoping for but i'd be much happier on a 1.50 away pick in the dutch league than a 1.50 home pick in the premier!!!!

Guest Punter66

Re: accumulator betting Thanks for your comments lads, I've wasted your time this week though, too ill to walk down the bookies, tonsilitis for Xmas, great :( Maybe i'll start next week. Btw, would of done Dundee Utd.

Guest steve1966

Accy Betting Goodluck in your quest Punter66. I know from experience what its like. I started off with £30 and won quite a sizeable amount before loing most of it on the horses. Basically what happened was I put a tenner on a nag that was just beaten. I then committed the cardinal sin of putting another tenner on a horse in the next race in the hope of getting back my losses. That horse as well just lost. After that I was on freefall and the only thing that stopped me from gambling the lot away was the fact I cut the telephone wire hence not being able to gain access to the internet. Since then I've managed to get back up to were I left off. Its taken several month's and I would have had over a thousand pounds if it wasn't for that mad two hours. My rule is never bet more than 10% of whats in your account. If you lose there's still some left for next time. I also do two bets which both are trebles. The way I see it if one bet lets you down you always have another bet that might come up. I also tend to stick to teams expected to win, normally 1/2 shouts. If I have a flutter on a live game its only a couple of quid just to keep the interest up. As for horses I haven't backed one in ages. Its a case of sticking to what you know and for me I can't tell the difference betweeen a thoroughbred and something off Blackpool beach so I leave them alone.