Laying Underdogs

Hello! My name is Lauri and I'm new here. Actually new in posting and making a thread, because I have been around here and read this forum for 2 weeks or so and I had an account here last year sometime, too. I have been betting for years now, but with small stakes and without any systems therefor 8-9 months ago I realized it's pointless and quit. But enough of that - it's not interesting :D 2 weeks ago I planned to start again, but in a different way, so...: The system is actually very simple and I have no doubt that some people in this forum have already tried this kind of thing. Basically I lay underdogs (who's form is poor) against big favorites (who's form is good). The system do not have very certificate bet selection process, but I will choose the bet if the favorite has 6-0-0, 5-1-0, 5-2-0, 5-0-1 etc and underdog is on (more or less) losing streak. Favorites must play mainly at home, but it's not a rule. I know, I know, one losing bet and it's a big loss, but I will try anyway :D Staking plan: Again, I do not have a very clear staking plan. When the system would be Backing teams, then I would stake 10% of the bank, but in laying I just stake around 10% of my current bank, but when I have a strong feeling about some team then the bet may increase or decrease. Oh, it's paper trailing at this point. I actually started it yesterday with Brazil Serie A (4 bets, 4 wins and I doubled the starting bank :ok :lol), but will include all the big leagues. And I think I will go from paper trailing to real life pretty soon. I will start with yesterdays results if I may? Because I have already calculated things in Excel and it would be uncomfortable(takes more time) and pointless for me to keep track in 2 worksheets when there is no need to. I hope you understand. Other than that, I will place the bets here way before the kick off. OK, let's get started (I bet on Betfair obviously) Brazil Serie A (20th August): Bet no. 1: Lay Figuirense to win against Cortiba @ 11 to win 10€ :clap (Cortiba won 3-0) Bet no. 2: Lay Sport Recife to win against Vitoria @ 12,5 to win 10€ :clap (0-0) Bet no. 3: Lay Cruzeiro to win against Botafogo @ 4,6 to win 5€ :clap (Botafogo won 1-0) Bet no. 4: Lay At. Paranaense to win against Sao Paulo @ 13,5 to win 20€ :clap (Sao Paulo won 3-1) Starting bank: 50€ Total bets: 4 Winning bets: 4 Losing Bets: 0 Strike rate: 100% Current bank: 92,25€ Profit/Loss: +42,25 (Betfair 5% commission included)

Re: Laying Underdogs

Good luck' date=' Nice start. :ok[/quote'] Thanks, mate. :hope I actually don't know, it is logical tough, yes. But since it is just paper trailing it's not a big problem at the moment. Just registered for Betfair few days ago and had some problems understanding how this laying works :D lol. But it's all good now. It's a friendly forum and people helped me to understand.

You wouldn't even be able to place the bets one at a time. You would only be able to lay Bets 3 & 5. You would need a bank of 250€ just to lay bet 4.
I understand it now. And like I said in the previous post, I would start it then with one bet at a time. That way I can start with 50 euros, too, right? If I win of course. -edit- Oh, yes, I didn't consider that some bets had very big odds. But ok, the idea is still the same: for starters with real money I will bet on games where there are smaller odds. Or make smaller bets.

One bet today also. Brazil Serie A (21th August): Bet no. 5: Lay Vasco da Gama to win against Portuguesa Sao Paulo @ 3,45 to win 5€ :sad (0-1)
Pff, Vasco won 1-0. Starting bank: 50€ Total bets: 5 Winning bets: 4 Losing Bets: 1 Strike rate: 80% Current bank: 60€ Profit/Loss: +30,00 (Betfair 5% commission calculated)

Ok, let's continue. EPL is young and the forms are not clear yet, but still: English EPL (24th August 17:30): Bet no. 6: Lay Hull City to win against Blackburn @ 7,6 to win 10€ :clap (1-1)
And one more from EPL: Bet no. 7: Lay Fulham to win against Arsenal @ 8,2 to win 10€ :hope