Staking on "Odds on Games" some help needed

I’m a lurker new to the forum. Couple of questions that I’d like some insight on - <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Say if one had a system that could predict the outcome of a football games 60% of the time, would I be a complete idiot in saying that provided I bet on odds that were more than 1.41 every time…then over time I would show a profit?

Also, whilst I clearly understand the Martingale theory and certainly not arguing for it, is there some sort of bet recovering system that given you have a high % predicting capability and you know in advance what odds are for your next 2 or 3 bets, could you not structure your starting stake to work in quasi Martingale way should you loose.

Basically try and iron out some of the exposure in the Martingale System….i.e.

Game 1 - odds of 1.40

Game 2 in the sequence is odds of 1.56

Game 3 is 1.78

Game 4 is 1.47

Is there a system / staking plan approach that would reduce the risk if

My first bet on game 1 was .56, meaning that if I lost the first game my next bet on game 2 would be 1 to recover the .56. And more interestingly finding a way of taking into account some sort of staking relationship from game 3 and 4 for when and if the loss hit in this 4 or 3 game sequence.

Or should I go back to rock I’ve crawled under from and forget this line of thought???

Thanks in advance for anybody that decides to pay the slight attention to this…and I agree with who ever said “gambling is the hardest way to make easy moneyâ€:unsure

Re: Staking on "Odds on Games" some help needed

Say if one had a system that could predict the outcome of a football games 60% of the time, would I be a complete idiot in saying that provided I bet on odds that were more than 1.41 every time…then over time I would show a profit?

No. 60% translates to fair odds of 1.66 so you need on average to be getting better odds than this.