Bottom weight and attempting to take advantage of Betfairs ridiculously high SP's

Taking from a thread which manckevin posted on the high numbers only recently I think it's worth exploring this a little further. Fair enough when you are talking bookie SP it would be a recipe for disaster which ends in almost constant daily loss. BUT.....when taking the betfair price into consideration I think these results will look very very different!? Looking at 2008 for example, there have been around 12,000 horses at bottom weight. Of those 12,000, almost 8,000 have been 10/1 or above. Anybody who uses betfair on a regular basis will know that when you get to prices of 10/1 the the difference can be anything from just a couple points to almost double. Likewise when you get to 20/1 the difference can be anything from just a few points to almost 4 times that. A perfect example of recent is Paint The Town Red which won at 25/1 not so long ago. Betfair SP was 80.00:loon Also, you can expect long losing streak with this. Stands to reason. Longest is around 140 odd bets without a win....BUT this is the worst case scenario and not the norm. Most days, even those which see a loss will still see a winner or two! So..... Let's monitor it properly shall we!! 1pt per selection starting from 14.00 Salisbury: Salisbury 14:00 - Cavera 14:00 - Jarrah Bay 14:00 - Princess Hannah 14:30 - Countess Zara 14:30 - Day In Dubai 14:30 - Rest By The River 15:00 - Zaftil 15:35 - Ben Ami 16:05 - Basque Beauty 16:05 - Cape Amber 16:05 - Lady Deauville 16:05 - Wood Chorus 16:40 - Ba Dreamflight 16:40 - Newcastle Sam 17:05 - Pretty Selma 17:05 - Ishibee 17:05 - Tuning Fork Now can anybody tell me what the t or p stands for by weight on sportinglife?

Re: Bottom weight and attempting to take advantage of Betfairs ridiculously high SP's Ideally I wanted to list them all but I simply don't have time. As the selections are purely bottom weight and therefore anybody can check these I will update results for first day at all meetings UK & Ireland, later in the day. Hope this is ok:unsure

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.