Datapunter : Recording BETFAIR odds

Hi everyone, I'm Datapunter, i'm a modest ;) punter like most of the people on this board. And like everyone else i was faced with the problem that i cannot be on-line 24 hours a day :sad . Need to sleep, need to work, and having a bit of a social life is also quite nice :p . Now i also happen to have some computer programming skills :smokin . So I have created a program that can look at the Betfair site and make a recording of the odds and volume on a market at any given time. If you find this interesting i am willing to make this kind of recording on markets you are interested in for you :D . The ground rules for this are : Rule 1 Do not ask for or about the program. It will remain private. If you want this kind of software the Internet is full of info to get you started. All you need to know is this : Imagine you look at the Betfair site at a specific market, press the Refresh button and make a note of the odds and volume, wait a specific time, seconds, minutes or hours, press Refresh again and make another note, put your notes in a CSV file or direct into Excel and you can then analise that information. This is what Datapunter does, nothing more. It can do it however 24 hours per day and on several markets at the same time. Rule 2 Some people have objections to using software for betting. If you wish to discuss the usage of software like this please start your own thread. Datapunter is intended as a facility available to all members of the PL. As Datapunter i will try to remain as neutral as possible. Rule 2 is also created so i don't have to waste my time in discussions and can get on with business. Rule 3 Make sure your request can be of value to the PL community as a whole so there is something to learn for everyone :ok . Datapunter is intended as a RESEARCH TOOL, a tool used to examine betting markets and find out betting know-how. It is not a production machine. Won't be too strict on this but do make an effort. The software makes the recording but it does take time to set-up and process the information. If you would like a recording start your own thread, or continue an existing one, and send an email to Datapunter's eZboard mail. ( Click on the username on the left and then select 'Send private message' ) . Simply let me know where the thread is with your request and i will reply in that thread. I don't read everything and i will check the mailbox only once or twice a week so make your request in time. Below are some examples i made. Mind you, i will make the recordings, but analyzing, drawing conclusions and making graphs will be all up to you. My time is limited. I will use this thread to keep everyone informed on developments in the software.

Re: How to download recordings The recordings are put into CSV files that can be downloaded from a Yahoo briefcase. A CSV file looks something like this : Time,,To Back,To Lay,,To Back,To Lay CET,Player 1,Odds,Odds,Player 2,Odds,Odds 03:42:43,J. Henin Hardenne,1.47,1.5,K. Clijsters,2.6,2.94 03:42:53,J. Henin Hardenne,1.5,1.52,K. Clijsters,2.94,3.2 03:43:03,J. Henin Hardenne,1.52,1.55,K. Clijsters,2.54,3.2 03:43:13,J. Henin Hardenne,1.52,1.55,K. Clijsters,2.54,3.2 03:43:23,J. Henin Hardenne,1.52,1.55,K. Clijsters,2.7,3.2 When opened with Excel, all info separated by a comma is put into a single column. To download a CSV file you first need to Sign In at the Yahoo briefcase site : briefcase.yahoo.com Then sign in : username : punterslounge password : plounge Then you can access Datapunters briefcase : briefcase.yahoo.com/datapunter If you click on a file it will be opened directly, if you wish to save it on your hard-disk use the right mouse button and select Save Target As. The time of the recording is indicated in CET , Central European Time. Below are some examples : Note that each example has 2 files in the briefcase : one indicated ODDS and one indicated FULL In the ODDS version you get 2 columns per player : First column are the odds available to back, second column are the odds available to Lay In the FULL version you get 6 columns per player, Back odds , Lay odds and the available volume at that time. So the same info as you get when you look at the market on Betfair. And now for a couple of examples ...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.