Tomorrow NewM' - 3:50 Soccer Sat H'Cap

1st time out here so if all the experts could go easy it would be much appreciated! Going to start trying to look at the big handicaps on Saturdays 5f up to 1m4f. Selections will be based on winners stats since 2002 - we all know what went down in 2001 and to be honest I reckon going through 6 previous winners is enough to get an overall picture of a potential WNR! Here goes! 3:50 NewM' Soccer Saturday Super 6 Handicap (Class 2) (3yo+,0-105) Only 5 previous winners to go on here ... don't know what the deal was in 2004 and after running the rule over them - I'm looking for the following (in order of importance): Age - 4-6 ... 4 YO's have a very good record Distance - At least a Class 3 H'Cap wnr @ the distance .... (2002 wnr exception - reasons to overlook) Rating - An improvement on life win (@ 7f H'cap) of 3-5 lbs so lets make that 2-6 lbs to be on the safe side Draw - Mid / High draw seems preferrable Off the Track - 30 days max Runs - Campainged regularly throughout the season - at least 3 runs Going on first 3 conditions, I'm interested in the topweight Little White Lie, Masai Moon and Golden Desert. Little White Lie - ticks all the box's apart from the draw could of been kinder. Masai Moon - after digging a bit further into his form I'm reckoning he needs to improve 7lbs and with the draw also against him I'm willing to let him go. Golden Desert - Similarily to Masai this ones form has a few holes in it, starting with the Class 3 H'cap that it won was in a Ladies Race 2 weeks ago under a strong ride from Katie Walsh, also other than that it has not achieved much and although the reliable Jim Crowley is booked for tomorrow I'm willing to let this one go aswell. Nearly there! :@ So Little White Lie is far from a highly original selection, going by form alone this one's name could of been straight down on the docket ... I know you are saying your granny could of picked that one, but he has gone from strength to strength this season and even though he is top weight he may not be finished improving and only gets my vote cos he warrants it. If there's something to run him close we can go look at the Bunbury Cup form, Giganticus getting a 1lb from the selection ran into 5th btn 2L - today he is in receipt of 5lb and combined with his trainers record in the race must go close ... having said that in the totesport international stakes @ Ascot 14 days ago South Cape finished 5th to Giganticus's 3rd - South Cape 1/2L behind Giganticus while in receipt of 10lb ... he's an extra 2lb better off today and with the likes of Celtic Sultan and Cobo Bay blazing the trail his chance may be enhanced. Win - Little White Lie E/W - Giganticus/South Cape No odds available at time of posting! :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.