Brighton 7th August

Not going today as there are too many bets across the meetings and today's card interests me less than yesterday's. Still a bet or two though. 3.30 Morrison/Blocks are always worth noting around Brighton and they partner up on Glencal a horse I've followed with moderate success over the past year or so. She only has the two bad handicap runs to her run from 11 attempts, one poor run at Kempton and one on soft ground. From those 9 other stars she has never been out the first 5 home. I can't she her struggling with any 60-something mark and she is sure to give another good account of herself with ideal conditions. Coup De Torchon is well handicapped based on her Warwick 4th on her 2nd start. She was close to the 2nd and 3rd and they have gone on to run well off 65 and win off 70 respectively. She has two poor efforts either side of that but they were both on the dirt. She is interesting back on turf and although I'm not a big ran of the yard there could be a race in her soon. Imperial Lucky was 3rd to Choreograhpy a few runs back off a 2lb higher mark - and went close last year off marks 14lb higher. One win in three years tells the story though. Glencal 75% of stake 3.35 betfair Coup De Torchon 25% stake 12/1 SJ, BD Glencal/Coup De Torchon/Imperial Lucky F/C T/C Combo

Re: Brighton 7th August 4.00 Another fine handicap for the course (although not as rich as yesterday's big one ;)). Rationale ran a shocker LTO but has bits of form that puts him in with a massive shout. Unlucky at Epsom a few runs back and for once I think he has ideal conditions - 12f on quick ground. We did have a two hour storm down here last night but ground is still GF in places and I expect it to dry out come this afternoon, there is a fair breeze about. Spring Dream is joint fav here but there is no way she should be so much shorter than Bassinet. When they met at Bath Bassinet was extremely unlucky and the latter re-opposses 1lb better off. Consistent but hard to win with, I'm certain she will be there or thereabouts at the depth. Bassinet is poorly weighted with Transvestite but the winner could've been flattered by that was Bassinet took it up far too early that day. Also Transvestite is ridden by Gabriel Hannon here and to put it mildly, I'm not a fan. Haarth Soveriegn has run well (bar once) this year and I believe he could be better than his current rating. Stable had a winner here yesterday and I think there is at least another race in him this season. Mon Plasir is potentially well handicapped but priced accordingly. Bassinet 30% of stake win 17.5 betfair Bassinet 25% of stake place 5 betfair Haarth Sovereign 25% of stake win 16 betfair Rationale 20% of stake win 20/1 lads Plus combos including Mon Plasir.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.