USPGA - Golf

Anthony Kim, to win @ 34 - Betfair There's no doubt Kim is a superstar in the making, two wins so far this year and also a 2nd, 3rd, 7th (the Open) & 8th. He looked a bit tired at the Canadian Open but had a relaxing time at the WGC when he was never in contention, and can you really be tired from playing golf at 23 yrs old?? He belts the ball a country mile (T11 on driving distance) and is a very good putter. this could well be his time to get his first major under his belt. Bubba Watson, top 10 finish @ 34 - Betfair I was a bit shocked when someone matched this price on Betfair, it makes Bubba look like a no-hoper! Watson though has had two top 10 finishes in his last four starts, T6 at the Travellers & T2 at the Buick. Bubba is the longest hitter on tour & that will be important on this long course, he's also T11 on GIR. Obviously how he does will depend a lot on his putter, at that price I'll take the chance that it fires this week. Sean O'Hair, top 10 finish @8.2 - Betfair I backed O'Hair last week at the WGC & he did little wrong, finished T12 and but for a poor 3rd round he'd have been much higher. Last weeks decent finish built on his excellent T3 at the Canadian Open so he should be full of confidence.

Re: USPGA - Golf Three for me, all with firms doing six places even if it means at times that the slightly worse price is taken, 18 pts staked. : Westwood 22/1 pp 4 pts e.w Westwood is one of the form players in the world right now and his style of golf really suits this American courses. He drives the ball a fair way and more importantly very straight, he generally hits good approach shots and whilst the shorter side of his game has been a weak link in the past and arguably still is, it has improved and he appears to putt better on the quicker greens which you normally get in america. He came so close in the us open where he just missed the play off on the 72 hole and last week in the wgc event he had a putt at the last again which he just missed which would have forced a play off. However the bottom line is that he is playing really well and he has good memories of the course having been unbeaten in the ryder cup in 2004 here when he joint top scored with 4.5 points. It would be no surprise to see him go really close again. Stenson 40/1 var 3 pts e.w Stenson has made a bit of a habit in recent times of starting the year really well before fading latter on. However this year it looks like it might be a bit different, at the open a few weeks ago he crept into contention almost not noticed as he ended up joint third but it could have been just a little bit better as the circumstances of needing a birdie at the last demanded an aggressive and virtually impossible third shot which was to end in a bogey and remove him from outright third, a birdie at the last and he would have been second, by far his best effort in a major. Last week he played well again when in T16, which could have been even better but for a poor first round and some untidy ends to a couple of the other rounds. However the bottom line is that like Westwood he is in good form, the fact he hasnt missed a cut all year shows further proof of that and he has always struck me as a possible major winner one day and it could be this week. C.Campbell 66/1 var 2 pts e.w Campbell was thought of as one of the yanks best hopes a few years ago and he came so close to winning this back in 2003 when the little known Micheel played a wonder shot on the 72 hole to secure certain birdie and just beat him. Since then it hasnt always been plain sailing but he has still played some good enough golf at times and good enough to get him on the ryder cup in 2004 and 2006, in the 2004 version he thumped Donald in the singles on this course. I recall him having a good Masters in 2006 and being the clear leader at one point before just fading late on but still finsihing well wnough in the e.w spots. However the signs are that he is in good form now having had an especially lean time, he had a second on the pga tour early this year before loads of missed cuts but the last 5 events have been pretty solid, top 27 every time and also two top 10s, he always is near the top end of the green in reg and driving accuracy stats and those two stats in particular could be very important this week, a decent week wouldnt surprise me as he searches for a ryder cup spot automatically or via a wild card.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.