NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11

Dragons dragons_0.gif Vs Fri 7:35 pm 8 Aug 2008 WIN Stadium tigers_0.gif Wests Tigers
Sea Eagles eagles_0.gif Vs Fri 7:35 pm 8 Aug 2008 Brookvale Oval storm_0.gif Storm
Sharks sharks_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 9 Aug Toyota Stadium rabbitohs_0.gif Rabbitohs
Bulldogs bulldogs_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 9 Aug SunCorp Stadium cowboys_0.gif Cowboys
Warriors warriors_0.gif Vs Sat 7:30 pm 9 Aug Mt. Smart Stadium broncos_0.gif Broncos
Raiders raiders_0.gif Vs Sun 2:00 pm 10 Aug 2008 Canberra Stadium panthers_0.gif Panthers
Roosters roosters_0.gif Vs Sun 3:00 pm 10 Aug 2008 Sydney Football Stadium eels_0.gif Eels
Titans titans_0.gif Vs Mon 7:00 pm 11 Aug Skilled Park knights_0.gif Knights

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 best picks west tigers with the start dragons too poor....tigers coming up with big win over dogs....momentum!!! nth. queensland -4.5 can't go past this man...bulldogs rubbish!not their home game either!play at suncorp(brisbane) rabbitohs+8.5 against the sharks sharks might win it...but not by a lot if they manage to do it! :cheers guys and GL!

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 A few very hard games to pick this round... I'm thinking of having a bet on manly with the line. Home ground advantage plays a massive role in these games as manly has won 5/6 at home while storm have won all their home games.

best picks west tigers with the start agree nth. queensland -4.5 agree rabbitohs+8.5 against the sharks i think i may prefer to go with sharks 1-12
Haven't decided on any bets yet, but i will have a few freebets to throw around over the weekend :tongue2

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 Harke and Brad, you know what they say - don't back bad teams at short prices - so stay away from the Nth Qld v Bulldogs game! For me there are two bets that really stand out this weekend, so far. Tonight, Melbourne will be too strong and skillful for Manly. I know it is at Brookvale, but Melbourne will continue to assert their dominance over the Eagles. The Eagles will have to get over the top of the Melbourne pack if they are any chance of winning the game, and I can't see this happening with White, Lima, Smith, Crocker and the like being too tough for Manly. Then you have the Storm's superiority out wide, where Inglis, Folau and Slater will terrorise the Eagles back 3 all night. Take the Storm to win at $1.60. On Sunday the Broncos play the Warriors in NZ. Although the Broncos will be without Hodges and Thaiday, they will still be too good for the Warriors, who are struggling after last weeks defeat to Souths. Wallace, Lockyer and Ennis are starting to hit their straps and they will be a handful around the ruck for the big Warriors pack. Take the Broncos to win at $1.85 BetBuddha Bet to Win

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11

do u think dragons are any better???
Yes harke there 7 game winning streak cements my opinion. Tigers defence has gone missing all season and i don't see them stopping Soward,Cooper,Gasnier. Now the dragons have muscled up in defence time and time again this year and all they need to do here is shut down Farah/Marshall and its game over. Although that is easier said than done.Plus theres mail around that Farah is not fully fit with a foot injury. Gl with whatever you take mate :ok

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 St George win by 1-12 margin Should be a very good game between both teams that need to win, and when you look at the matchups between the two teams, not much separates them. Even head to head is all even, and if you are looking for something to edge, i'd go for WIN Stadium where the Dragons are usually very hard to beat there. Not alot between them but the Dragons have some really good in form players like Soward, and with them battle hardened after playing some of the top teams, they should find the inconsistent Tigers more to their liking. Manly win by 1-12 margin The two best two teams go at it here and once again should be a very tough and close game. The Warriors exposed some flaws in Melbourne's game and it seems they are not travelling as well as they were last year. Manly have continued to go from strength to strength and a big crowd should be in attendance to roar on the local side to victory. They have a very good home record against the Storm, winning 5 of the last 6 games including the last 3. Last year they won 13-12 and you would expect another tight game with Manly doing just enough to edge this

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 NZ win by 1-12 margin The Warriors showed last time out that they have the forwards to match it up with anyone as they beat the Storm 8-6 in very wet conditions. Now they meet another team with a similar pack and they have another challenge on their hands, whihc they have showed they are more than capable of matching. Price and Wiki should give them so go forward and target some of the smaller backs out wide. With the Warriors having won six of their past 10 matches they are a good chance to win this, but it should be close Cronulla win by 1-12 margin While Souths were expected to lie down and roll over now that their semi final charge has ended they are looking to continue to play and cause some havoc to those with semi final aspirations. Cronulla came back to defeat the Dragons last week and their ability to win the close games should see them hold out another team that they should beat easily, but as is often is the case, they struggle to score and win by narrow margins

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 Storm -2.5 with Betfair has to be the bet today @1.9. Normally I would agree that this is a game to just sit back and enjoy, however the injuries to Watmough, Lyon and Kite will play a big factor here imo. Both teams have been a class above the rest recently and there is not much to separate them. However injuries not to mention recent h2h give the advantage to the Storm here. They will be motivated knowing that a big win will put them top of the ladder and although it is unlikely that this will occur, it should still give them a bit more of an edge. Another big edge as has already been mentioned is the Storm's strength out wide. Just can't see an injury depleted Manly being able to deal with them today.

I'm thinking of putting a few different bets on the raiders today unless someone can convince me otherwise :P It's going to be a very cold game down in canberra, and there is also a chance of snow today!
Brad... whats the different bets you have on mind?

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 Well i haven't looked at odds yet, but possibly: - raiders/raiders ht/ft - raiders first to 10 - raiders first points - raiders to cover the line at HT I know it's not the best idea to rely so much on one team sort of thing, but i think it's better to do 25% on each of these rather than just 100% on them to win. They normally perform very well at home and todays cold weather should suit them perfectly, and have the opposite effect on the panthers side. Both teams are coming off heavy losses last week which makes it a bit harder too. I can't remember where i saw it, but 2 weeks ago i heard/read that the raiders had scored first points in their last 7 matches... If someone can confirm this, that would be great. I'm also thinking that the roosters vs eels game will be high scoring, although i expect the over/under to be set in the very high 40s

Well i haven't looked at odds yet, but possibly: - raiders/raiders ht/ft - raiders first to 10 - raiders first points - raiders to cover the line at HT I know it's not the best idea to rely so much on one team sort of thing, but i think it's better to do 25% on each of these rather than just 100% on them to win. They normally perform very well at home and todays cold weather should suit them perfectly, and have the opposite effect on the panthers side. Both teams are coming off heavy losses last week which makes it a bit harder too. I can't remember where i saw it, but 2 weeks ago i heard/read that the raiders had scored first points in their last 7 matches... If someone can confirm this, that would be great. I'm also thinking that the roosters vs eels game will be high scoring, although i expect the over/under to be set in the very high 40s
Brad as i recall ... yes i think they have scored first in the last 7 matches if not 100% it's about 90%. Any thoughts on what the half time margin is for the roosters and eels game?

Re: NRL Round 22 - August 8 - 11 Apart from last week though against the broncos. Well it depends what eels side turns up... if its the same one as the last couple of weeks, roosters should be able to be 9+ up at half time. I'm just waiting for eels to have a really good game, i don't think it's far away.

Apart from last week though against the broncos. Well it depends what eels side turns up... if its the same one as the last couple of weeks, roosters should be able to be 9+ up at half time. I'm just waiting for eels to have a really good game, i don't think it's far away.
Yeh i'm gonna cover roosters 7-12 @ 4.30 and also 13-18 @ 5.25. what you think? half time that is

I'm thinking of putting a few different bets on the raiders today unless someone can convince me otherwise :P It's going to be a very cold game down in canberra, and there is also a chance of snow today!
under 47.5 Points the way to go!!!