Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 30/07/08

Tariq 3.30 Goodwood On paper it's a Henrythenavigator/Ravens Pass 1 and 2 but if it was that easy i'd be sat on a beach somewhere, not posting from Bradford.:lol Hard to knock any of O'Briens horses at the moment, the guy is on fire but I don't do odds on as my record with odds on shots is dreadful. If one of these 2 underperforms I can see Tariq taking advantage and I don't think it has shown its full potential yet. Won 3 on the bounce last year but all over 7f and on good and good to firm ground so no worries there. Was 3rd to Creachadoir this year but didn't get the clearest of runs and by the time it got going the race was over. That was over 1m and it was only beaten 1 length. It was only 9th last time out but it was too keen and dwelt early on and never had a chance. Saying that if you look at the winning distances it was only beaten as such: hd, 3/4l, nk, nk, nk, 1/2l, 1l, nk so not exactly disgraced and not like it was pummelled by about 10 lengths. Has a turn of foot as shown in the 2007 Jersey stakes when beating US Ranger and proven to handle this course. I think the 1m here will be perfect and I think Seb Sanders on the horse is a very good booking. He's not the sort to hold it up too late and if it's in contention about 2f out and doesn't meet trouble it has every chance of landing a massive shock.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Wed 30/07/08 4.05 Goodwood: Love Galore Didn't perform well on reappearance over inadequate 1m trip at Ascot in June. Ran with far more credit subsequently over 1m2f at Newmarket the last twice. On breeding it looks a though the step up to this trip will definitely suit and it could bring about the required improvement. With Johnny Murtagh booked for the ride a positive and the in-form trainer going in mob-handed in this event, I am sure it will all be geared towards one of his being in the mix come the finish - Love Galore looks the value each way of the race as long as he doesn't take a hold. 0.5pts each way

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.