rolf123's Formula One Betting Thread

rolf

Hi all, This is my first post here (I think) :nana and I've noticed how there is so little written on F1, only being single threads for each race. Naturally, in a sport that does not have anywhere near as many serious punters compared to footie and horse racing, plus less understood by the bookies plus unpredictable - then I think it can offer great value. :D I'm not using a system that spits out tips but instead just using my judgement, based on my experience and knowledge of this passion of mine. Because there are so few races each year and I don't want to wait till season end, I'll be betting at each race and having several bets on each race to diversify, probably between 5 and 10. I'll post my selections (qualifying and the race):

• A few days before the race (this gives enough time for local weather and testing considerations). I might even bet much earlier if I think I spot very good value anywhere, although not taking weather and testing into account is normally folly.
  • Before qualifying (this gives time to consider the free practice results, probably I will wait for all practice sessions to be completed although I may bet early to try to get more value). I believe there could be a lot of value here because the average punter does not even look at all 3 practice sessions. I will pick quali selections and possibly race selections as well.
  • After qualifying - my picks for the race.
  • Edit: F1 can offer some great in-running opportunities due to the crashes, lack of reliability, strategy, weather etc. etc. Reacting quickly can give you an edge. Also, I may lay out some bets to secure profits towards the end of races.

Edit: all my picks will be to back so you don't need any bankroll in order to lay. Next race is the German GP on Sunday 20th July. First practice session is Friday 18th so expect my first picks by midweek. I'd love to hear any of your own picks or thoughts. Cheers :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.