Steele's power ratings system

Guest qxsad

Guest qxsad

I have his football betting book from last year,ans am interested in the ratings system,but i am confused. In the system chapter he says each team starts with 10 pts,no homoe advantage on the 1st game and the best adjuster is .025. BUT in "the preacher practises" chapter he say teams start with 20 pts,+.2 goals home advantage on 1st game and the adjuster is .1 I find this really strange,he is giving 2 different methods! Also his systems seem to give you "the winner" but will never give you a good outsider bet which has good odds. ie his bets in the last chapted average aroung 4/6, Can the system be fine tuned to indentify "value bets" insted of just "the winner" Isnt that where most betting shop punters fall flat,they are constantly trying to bet on the obvious "winner" with no concept of value, Remember euro 2004? So has anyone used the power ratings and which method did you use,i might like to try it for the premiership

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.