Golf - European Open

The European Open moves from the K Club in Ireland to the London Golf Club in Kent this year. First time they've used this course for a tour event so there's no course form to go on so instead I'll go for two in-form players. Oliver Fisher e/w @ 66-1 Oliver Fisher is just 19 years old but already excelling in just his second year on tour. The youngest ever Walker Cup player, the youngest ever to gain a European Tour card - the only thing missing from his cv at the moment is a tour win. He came desperately close in the Open de Andalucia when, after out playing Lee Westwood in the final round he was slightly unlucky to lose to Thomas Levet in a playoff. That was one of five top 20 finishes in what has been a hugely consistent season, Fisher is in good form after a solid 7th place in France last week. I think Fisher is a hugely exciting talent and he will win sooner rather than later, hopefully it'll be a week when I back him! Richard Green e/w @ 35-1 Richard Green has had a disappointing start to the year by his standards. I was expecting him to kick on after a great season in 2007 but after a slow start to the year there are signs that it might just be starting to happen. 6th in the BMW PGA and 4th in France last week, he'll have taken a lot of confidence out of his finish there as he closed with rounds of 65 and 67. Green is an excellent putter a player who tends to string together a run of good results.

Golf: European Open 3rd - 6th July

European Open

This week is a bit of a shot in the dark due to the London club being a New Club itself and never being used for a Europeantour event before. In some ways the field could be described as strong with the likes of Garcia&Rose coming over from the US,but on the other hand the likes of Westwood&Jiminez being posted missing suggests otherwise! For the above reasons I have picked the following:

Oliver Wilson 55/1 @ Betfair

Oliver Fisher 70/1 @ Betfair

Bradley Dredge 100/1 @ Betfair

The two Ollies are overdue a maiden win and with a course that have four Par 5,s which are all within reach these guys can score every day. As for Dredge he should be clear in his head of the Irish Open of which he should have brought home the bacon!I would have thought that Dredge would have made a Ryder Cup slot a priority but he does arrive late on in the Golfing year so maybe he can put in a performance!

I suppose that Karlsson will be sniffing about but he must be tiring after the prolific form he has showed and would not be surprised if he starts to go off the boil a bit!

Good Luck Guys!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.