NRL Round 16

Can't decide for my MOTM tomorrow in the Panthers game. Lewis or Pritchard? All week I thought Pritchard, his danger ball running and offload ability to shine through, but Luke Lewis really has been knocking down the doors all month. I really should go Lewis, but considering I've had this Pritchard scenario in my head all week long, if he gets it I'll be about 100x angrier...

Re: NRL Round 16 Went for Luke Lewis, with a saver on Pritchard (5-1 ratio on Lewis). Lewis has been knocking down the door of this award for a few months now. As the Channel 9 team pointed out last Friday he is doing a great job at halfback, a position that he is not a natural at. They are right too - he has been playing good football, involved in all the positive things that Penrith have been doing on the field. Brisbane are decimated by injuries and Rep duties and have little chance of winning and I think Lewis will be the man who gets best on ground honours, both because of his form and because I believe Channel 9 would like to lean in this direction. Luke Lewis MOTM @ 6.00 Sportsbet

Re: NRL Round 16 On the way out to an exam now...had a quick look at tonight's matches. I like the Panthers, no value in h2h imo at 1.39, and I can't quite make my mind up on 1-12 or 13+, so I will have a little bit on Panthers HT by 1-8 @ 3.40. Also think the Dogs can bounce back from the humiliation by Canberra to defeat a much depleted Roosters side, without Pearce and Anasta most importantly. Bulldogs @ 1.83. good luck fellas. :hope

Re: NRL Round 16 Roosters have a winning culture atm and that's why I've got the Roosters. Sonny Bill is all the Dogs really have, Holdsworth out for them as well as some other regulars. No match bets though, only a MOTM bet. Mark O'Meley MOTM @ 9.50 Sportsbet Shrek is a former dog and if the Roosters win tonight he will have to step up. It's likely to be a dour game so the award is most likely to go to a hard working forward, seeing as there wont be a lot of quality. Being a former dog I think the Channel 9 team would liek to see him get it, and he's also been good in recent weeks, claiming 2 Dally M Votes last week.

Re: NRL Round 16 Roosters While the Roosters are without their Origin players, the Bulldogs have a number of players out through injury. Even though Williams is back, their recent form has been woeful and a weakened side like the Roosters still has some good players to cover them while the Bulldogs lack depth. Penrith -9.5 With Brisbane minus its Origin players and Penrith missing some players due to injury, this, looks like a fairly even game but the Broncos are missing quite a few players in their backline, so look to the Panthers to spread the ball wide often against their more inexperienced counterparts. While the forwards match up pretty evenly, the Panthers have a significant edge out wide, and at home on a cold winter's night, should have too much for the Broncos

Re: NRL Round 16 St George -6 The Dragons have won their last 5 games and are on a roll up against the Titans who have won only 1 of their last 4 games. The Titans are backing up after a closely fought loss to Souths on Monday night and now have lost Prince and Laffranchi to Origin while Bailey is out injured. While St George are missing Gasnier and Cooper, they have momentum on their side and the fact they have won the only 3 games between the two sides, will add to their belief they can win again Manly -14 No Cross, Buderus or Gudley makes this very hard for Newcastle to be competitive against Manly who only lose Stewart. While Manly can cover Stewart, the Knights don't have the depth to match the 3 players they lose, so look for Manly to repeat last year's result where they thrashed them 50-16 at this venue. Manly have too much talent across the park, and look for them to target the Knights with bombs all night as they have shown a tendency to drop quite a few high balls Souths -6.5 Souths are in a winning mood with 2 wins on the trot while the Cowboys have lost their last 8 games. Without Thurston to lead their side, the Cowboys look rudderless, and the Rabbitohs have some decent players playing well and would be confident of making it a hat trick of wins

Re: NRL Round 16 NZ +11.5 The Warriors gave Manly a scare last week before losing it in a close one while Wests just missed out to Brisbane. Now back at Leichhardt they are favoured to beat the Warriors but one major concern is the lack of size in their forwards up against one of the bigger packs in the comp. While the Tigers have the edge in the backs, if their forwards don't compete there could be trouble. Should be a close game, and while the Tigers may edge this, there won't be much between them Melbourne +18.5 While the Storm are decimated by players out due to Origin duty they still have some decent players to make this a contest. Parramatta have their full squad and would be expected to win this easily but they are a team that often pays to the opposition, and don't be surprised if over confidence sets in. The Storm have won seven of the past eight against the Eels including the past four straight. At Parramatta Stadium Melbourne hold a 5-3 record from eight games. So they like playing against Parramatta, and even though the Eels should win, it may not be the blowout that is expected. Cronulla The Sharks are a team that doean't allow the opposition the tiem or space to create openings and so look to them to wear down the Raiders who have played well in their last two games. While Bird and Gallen are out, Cronulla often find somebody to take over and they shoudl be confident going down where they have won four of the past five between the clubs and have beaten the Raiders in the past three encounters at Canberra Stadium. While Cronulla don't score much they also don't allow much either, and the Raiders don't have the defence to hold out the Sharks.

Re: NRL Round 16 I've gone the following tonight - Bulldogs H/F Double If there is one thing that can occur in the NRL it's a team that has been flogged one week coming back to redeem themselves the next. The Roosters have dug to the bottom of the barrell to build a team for this week, including an old discard in Sean Rudder. Hopefully Sonny Bill can lead from the front and have the dogs going from the kickoff. Broncos +8.5 Penrith have lost some big guns in Petro, Priddis and Wesser and they were fairly horrible in giving up the game last week. In saying that it's obvious to everybody that the broncos are also missing a huge amount of players. I'm banking on the Broncos forward pack (which isn't looking that bad) keeping them in the match at least close enough to make the start count.

Re: NRL Round 16 I've tipped bulldogs and panthers tonight, but penrith odds are too short, and i'm not that confident with dogs.... I've gone with a double of both games going over @ $3.61 Bit of a long shot, so only small stakes

Re: NRL Round 16 Either Team Under 6.5pts (Titans v Dragons) @ 3.20 Sportingbet Titans are without Harrison, Prince, Bailey and Laffranchi while Dragons are without Cooper and Gasnier. Titans have been outstanding at home all season and should compete well. I can't see them winning by many though, and with the Dragons the stronger team on paper I think that the result is going to end up tight.

Re: NRL Round 16 Manly V Knights - Knights @ 5.10 Betfair This game is not actually played at Brookvale but Bluetongue stadium, where the Knights have a very good record. They are without Gidley, Buderus and Cross, but in Bailey and Mullen they are still strong in the halves and I believe that they will be a lot stronger than people expect them to be. They have performed strongly against Manly in recent years and hopefully this will continue today.

Re: NRL Round 16 Cowboys v Souths - Either Team Under 6.5pts @ 3.20 Sportingbet Souths have the better team on paper but Cowboys have the home advantage, which should be worth something. This fixture is traditionally very close and today should be no different. Souths' wins have all been by 7pts or less, whilst the absence of Thurston should see that the Cowboys wont run away with the game.

Re: NRL Round 16 For the record, I would like to say that I was going to go Warriors highest scoring team of the round @ 51s this weekend, but didn't. If that comes in, grr! Was also going to take the overs in that game but 49.5 is a bit too much for my liking. Now for the other game, where Eels are massive favourites. I was actually going to go Mateo MOTM, thinking he would just rip into them while I ripped into the bookies. However I'm a little off put by just how poor I expect the Storm to be, so goinig to have to leave that one alone (and we know how that turned out last time...). Anyway, today's outstanding bets are related to one man - Luke Burt. The full strength Eels should make many line breaks today against the reserve strength Storm side. Luke Burt is one of the best support players in the game and I'm confident that he'll have many good chance to score today. Luke Burt anytime scorer @ 1.95 Sportingbet Luke Burt First Try Scorer @ 11 Sportingbet (Best odds are 12s at Sportsbet, but I was a farking idiot and didn't check) Luke Burt Last Try Scorer @ 12 Sportsbet Luke Burt MOTM @ 14 Sportsbet Time to win some Burty, Sex, Money :lol

Re: NRL Round 16 Was actually going to back the Warriors today, but no Price and Tate has thrown me off the bet. Parramatta should account for the depleted Storm side, but -20 before you find some decent odds...no thanks. Will just watch and cheer on Parra. Good Luck with your bets crouch.