NRL Round 15

Re: NRL Round 15 You'd be best leaving Friday night well alone trying to pick the teams to win. The Panthers v Dragons game will be a high scoring affair though if the rain keeps away. Does anyone know if there is a market on this yet? My pick of the round is on Sunday, with the Sharks taking on the Eels at Shark Park. The Eels are gathering momentum and Finch and Mateo are complimeting each other well. Krisnan Inu coming back into the side makes a big difference while Tony Williams on the wing has been a sensation. While the Sharks are a good defensive unit, I think they will struggle with the skill and pace of the Eels, and the Eels should by a few points. The Eels are currently over the odds at $1.80 with most bookies. Jump on this now as the price will only get shorter! Parramatta to win @ $1.80

Re: NRL Round 15 I think the Tigers will win tonight against a Broncos side that just doesn't have too many points in them. Farah, Marshall, Head and Hodgson should provide enough creativity to score the points, it's just a matter of the Tigers go forward. I know they have a fair few players out but I just feel that the Tigers will be able to put the points on the board tonight. If the Tigers win though, I think they might actually do so by a decent margin. Having trouble deciding what to go with though - 13+, 13-18 and 19+ are all appealing options, as is Benji Marshall MOTM. Have already taken 1 bet for the game, Chris Lawrence as the first scorer. He is a very prolific scorer but hasn't got a first try this year which just isn't right. He debuted against the Broncos and scored a double too so he's definitely a great bet here. The question is what goes with it? Chris Lawrence First Try @ 12 Sportingbet

Re: NRL Round 15 Alright, I decided that if I am right about the Tigers, they'll win by quiet a decent margin, but with Broncos at home, not by too great a margin. Tigers 13+ is around 6s, but IMO most of the time this bet wins it'll be by 13-18pts, so that's what I've gone for. Tigers by 13-18pts @ 11 Sportsbet

Re: NRL Round 15 And in the other game the Dragons should win comfortably, but am hoping that it's a game won in the forwards and not the backs. Have taken Ryles for MOTM twice so far without success, but with the speculation that's been in the media and with Origin 3 selection around I think he'll be primed for a big game and will be hoping that he can finally snare the MOTM award for me. Jason Ryles MOTM @ 17 Sportsbet

Re: NRL Round 15 Brisbane win by 1-12 margin Both sides are missing players through injury and come into this game on the back of some heavy defeats last week. You would expect the Broncos to be fired up given Bennett's anger at their capitulation to Canberra last week. being at home in front of their own crowd, and with a 11-3 head to head record in their favour, their forwards may cause enough problems to Wests as did the Parramatta forwards last week to lead them to a narrow victory St George win by 1-12 margin Saints have won 4 of their last 5 games and are on a bit of a roll, and these two teams have clashed twice at ANZ Stadium, with the Dragons winning both times. However, the Dragons’ wins over the past month haven’t been as impressive as they may seem as they have played Melbourne and Brisbane without their Origin players, and the lowly South Sydney and otherwise only beaten Manly, who beat themselves that night. Even though it would appear the Dragons should coast this in, you expect an improved performance from penrith and the showers we have had will make this a closer contest with Saints doing enough to win

Re: NRL Round 15 Canberra The Bulldogs continue to struggle and without Williams in the forward pack, they are going to have plenty of problems with the Canberra side who have some momentum on their side after their win over Brisbane last week. Look for them to use the height advantage they have out wide to test the Bulldogs wingers, while the Raiders forward pack are honest toilers who always give you 100% effort. Raiders to grab a rare away win. Melbourne win by -25.5 Melbourne have all of their State of Origin players back, refreshed after the bye. They are back home on a cold Saturday night to face the Cowboys who would not be used to these conditions from where they come from. Added to this is the possbile loss of Thurston, and the Cowboys are in all sorts of trouble. This should be a massacre Manly -6 The Warriors have suffered back to back losses to Souths and Cronulla, so confidence will be low. Manly are coming off a bye and should be able to capitalise off the Warriors' errors, who do tend to struggle against the better sides. Manly don't make many msitakes and tend to convert their chances pretty well. They have won 5 fo the past 7 clashes between the two sides, as well as 5 of the past 7 games at Mt Smart Stadium

Re: NRL Round 15 Brave man betting on Canberra when they aren't playing at home. Although i do agree they are in with some sort of a chance. Melbourne will win, just a question of by how much. Manly -6 looks good and i may get on it. No serious bets for tonight, just the draws for all games

Re: NRL Round 15 Sydney Roosters -7.5 Roosters are back to full strength and should be ready to exact revenge on the Knights for their round 6 defeat earlier this season. They have won 5 of their last 6 games and they have an excellent recent record at Energy Australia Stadium, having won their past four games there and seven of nine, while the Knights have lost their past two there, to Wests Tigers and the Warriors. Look to Anasta to take control behind his pack of forwards to lead the Roosters to victory Parramatta -2.5 The away team has won the last 6 games between the two sides while the Eels have won the past five games at Toyota Stadium. Both teams are coming into good form for this clash but one feels that the Eels are starting to gather momentum leading into the second half of the season. Players like Mateo are really coming into their own and dominating games, so look for him to continue his fine form and lead his team to victory

Re: NRL Round 15 Bets for tonight - Tigers +4.5 Despite missing a bunch of forwards the Broncos are still missing a load of players, especially in the halves, I think this should keep the game close or in the Tigers favour. Dragons 1-12 Most are expecting a Dragons win and I agree, however I think the Panthers with their young guns stepping up can keep it respectable.

Re: NRL Round 15

Bets for tonight - Tigers +4.5 Despite missing a bunch of forwards the Broncos are still missing a load of players, especially in the halves, I think this should keep the game close or in the Tigers favour. Dragons 1-12 Most are expecting a Dragons win and I agree, however I think the Panthers with their young guns stepping up can keep it respectable.
Well done DT :clap

Re: NRL Round 15 Well done to everyone last night with some nice margin picks :clap I am tempted by the Dogs -2 and agree that the Storm should win comofortably today. That being said, I'm not overly in love with either bet and will just sit on my Jason Ryles money until tomorrow, where I agree with Big Bets that Parra are a strong pick :ok

Re: NRL Round 15

Brisbane win by 1-12 margin :) St George win by 1-12 margin :) Canberra :) Melbourne win by -25.5 :) So far 4/4 :ok
Impressive. What do you reckon to Manley to win away at the warriors this afternoon -4.5pts ? If the bunnies can win at Mt Smart then surely anyone can ?

Re: NRL Round 15 Nice work so far this weekend Blackcrow. Roosters go into this game as favourites but the Knights have the home advantage in front of a parochial crowd. They also have the recent wood on the Roosters, having won 3 of the past 4. 3 of the 6 home games for the Knights this season have been decided by less than a try, whilst they have also had some close games on the road, going to golden point against the Eels and fighting out tight games in NZ and Townsville. With Mini out this bet gains that extra little bit of momentum. Either Team to win by less than 7pts @ 3.20 Sportingbet Can't possibly take a thing in the Warriors game, they are far too eratic and I just don't see any value. In the Eels game, I quite fancy the Eels, but just hesistant to take the bet, mostly because I had betting at evens or less. Have also taken my usual MOTM bet too, which today is Fuifui Moimoi - so good they named him twice! I expect that it might be a forward oriented battle today and I believe the damaging runs of Moimoi will help lay the platform for an Eels win and whilst he isn't the most likely to win the award his odds of $51 make him super value. Channel 9 MOTM Fuifui Moimoi @ 51 Sportsbet

Re: NRL Round 15 Yes he has, but I still think Souths are good value. Titans are poor away from home, and whilst they probably should turn it around, the Souths could well have turned a corner agains the Warriors. The youth policy is working well and the dynamism around the ruck of Isaac Luke will be critical. Roy Asotasi has been poor this year and I am hoping he will look to lift his game against the strong Titans pack. Either way it's going to be a close game, so if Souths win it wont be by much. All in all, that makes Souths 1-12 sublime value. Souths 1-12 @ 4.50 Sportsbet

Re: NRL Round 15 Gold Coast 1-12 margin Souths should be refreshed coming off the bye while the Gold Coast are not the best travellers. However the Gold Coast are sitting up near the top of the ladder while Souths are down the bottom. Look to Prince and Bailey to step up here and cause the Rabbitohs plenty of problems but the Bunnies after a week off to collect their thoughts, should put in an improved effort to go down narrowly

Re: NRL Round 15 Call it instinct, but I've jsut got on the game going to golden point @ 40s (Betfair). Every game this round (bar Saturdays lol) has been knocking down the door of a golden point game, and this one looks to me to be a tight one too. It's also the only way I can see Souths winning and my 1-12 bet losing (Souths winning in gp), so it has a secondary value to it. THat being said, the golden point bet is a fantastic standalone bet with a lot of attached value.

Re: NRL Round 15 I've got the draw, but i have for every game lol. I've been close to getting a few this round, but all just miss... I was possibly thinking of under 41.5... When they vsd storm at home, it was something like 15-6 i think? Very low... And with Titans poor away form, i don't expect them to pile on the points. And Souths normally aren't capable of it either. Do you think under is safe, or is 41.5 a bit low?