Betting on more than one horse per race

Just wondering what you chaps think about betting on more than one horse per race. Some people I have spoken to, see it as a cardinal sin and argue that any other bets you have eat into the winnings of your other potentially winning bets, or, they add to your losses? Others, like many people on here have 2, 3 or even 4 bets per race - it is something that i think would suit my style but not sure what the general concensus is - will i be losing more or maximising my chances of winning?

Re: Betting on more than one horse per race

Just wondering what you chaps think about betting on more than one horse per race. Some people I have spoken to, see it as a cardinal sin and argue that any other bets you have eat into the winnings of your other potentially winning bets, or, they add to your losses? Others, like many people on here have 2, 3 or even 4 bets per race - it is something that i think would suit my style but not sure what the general concensus is - will i be losing more or maximising my chances of winning?
I feel extremely strongly about this. Anyone who thinks it's a bad thing knows nothing about gambling and will never make a real profits. These people who baulk at the idea at backing two in a race usually happily play E/W - :lol What's the difference between backing two horses at 4/1 and backing one at 6/4? I know plenty of people who will only back one in a race - they are big losers at the game. My profits would be greater if I backed my 'bankers' only, however I would experience longer losing runs and that impairs confidence and mindset. You cannot have a small S/R if you're doing this for a living for example. I rarely have two losing days on the spin and long losing runs are something I NEVER have to experience.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.