TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ?

voiceofjoe

I've been trying to get a team (of 3) together at work to go on a new TV Quiz (Its on BBC 4 - So won't be much cash in it). The only requirement is that all team members have some connection - the shows questions are all based on connections you see :). But the few at our works who I thought would be clever enough have been put off because the sample questions are too difficult - so I thought maybe try and get one from the Forum - with the connection of being Poker Enthusiasts. The show is being hosted by Vicky Coren, :dude so with it being a new programme desperate for contestants and with the Poker connection we may have a chance of an appearance. I've had a letter from the show asking if I'm still entering a team - and hes also explained that the questions will be easier than the examples, and that all will be team questions no individual rounds :ok The applications need to be emailed before 20th June - so quick responses please. We would need to attend an audition, this will be in Manchester (dont know date) and the filming will be late July for 3 days and early September for 3 days. Anyone interested send me a PM with their Email address on and I'll forward you the application form. A couple of example questions are below - (No using the Internet !! )

Re: TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ? Whats the rule for the Sequence -and what comes next ? 1. 12 2. 3 3. 220 4 ? What do these four have in common ? 1. Tendon 2. Bone 3. Network 4. Weight The vowels have been removed and the constants re-grouped (positions within the whole phrase remain the same though) What is the familiar phrase ? NT HBG NNN GWST HW RD

Re: TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ?

12 inches in a foot. 3 feet in a yard. 220 yards in a furlong. 8 furlongs in a mile.
:ok (Although obviously they haven't sent the answers with the questions - but thats what I got, and its 100% certain correct.)

Re: TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ? I thought the answer to the second one was ...e. I wouldn't have thought of daveygh's answer in a million years. Are we not both correct? I wouldn't have got the third answer in 2 million years.

Re: TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ? Only just seen this thread - OK with 1 and 3, but 2 was a stinker - n1 davey:clap I'd be interested in having a go at this, but I'm away from 12th July to 1st August.:sad I have some experience of TV quiz land :dude and could make it over to Manchester fairly easily. Which production company is running this?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: TV Quiz anybody interested in forming a Poker Hobbyists Team ?

Just noticed this is on now - BBC4 "Only Connect" :ok Anyone know if VoJ got a team together?
No the difficulty of the questions put the works team off, and I think just HappyHornet said he'd make the Poker team. I'm pretty sure from the correspondence with the production company that they where short of teams and that we would have had a good chance to get a PL Representative team - but lets see if they commission a 2nd series:) - (Its always easier to get an audition for the 1st series though) I've not seen it yet, they did assure me the questions on the show wouldn't be as difficult as the examples:eyes