Should I Have Called??

Galronix

In tonights PL Virgin festival game 2. I was hoping to take Washman & Fonzie both out. :( ***** Hand 1112885084 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 07 June 2008 21:28:06 PL Festival 2 (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: Washman (2624.00) Seat 3: Fonzie141 (1418.00) Seat 5: pl---GaF (3365.00) Seat 7: wallg1 (3028.00) Seat 8: PL_Gal (4614.00) Seat 10: Viva Hate (4951.00) PL_Gal post SB 75.00 Viva Hate post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** Washman [N/A, N/A] Fonzie141 [N/A, N/A] pl---GaF [N/A, N/A] wallg1 [N/A, N/A] PL_Gal [Qh, Qs] Viva Hate [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** Washman Call 150.00 Fonzie141 Call 150.00 pl---GaF Fold wallg1 Fold PL_Gal Raise to 600.00 Viva Hate Fold Washman All-in 2624.00 Fonzie141 All-in 1418.00 PL_Gal Call 2624.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [10s, 4c, Js] *** Turn(Board): *** : [10s, 4c, Js, 2h] *** River(Board): *** : [10s, 4c, Js, 2h, 6s] *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 6816.00 Washman [4s, 4d] Three of a kind, fours Win: 6816.00 Fonzie141 [9d, Ad] Highest card ace Win: 0.00 pl---GaF Fold Win: 0.00 wallg1 Fold Win: 0.00 PL_Gal [Qh, Qs] Pair of queens Win: 0.00 Viva Hate Fold Win: 0.00

Re: Should I Have Called?? Personally, I would have called in your position. Washy has a hand, but it neednt be a monster and it could be seen as a style of squeeze play. If Washy has AA or KK so be it, other than that you are ahead. Fonzie seems to be in a spot where he has the odds to call all-in here with any passable hand, again AA or KK is possible as a slow play but you should be ahead of him. I have no idea what the odds are of QQ vs 2 random hands, but I would have called.:ok If this makes no sense or is complete drivel, I have driven half the length of the country today and I am knackered, so that is my excuse!!;)

Re: Should I Have Called?? I would have put Washy on AK as he's usually a pretty solid player but I would have been prepared to take the 50/50 and call, if he has AA/KK like hornet says so be it. Fonzie's call shouldn't worry you too much as even if he has a better hand you can still gain chips from Washy. I find Fonzie's call in that situation a very bad one.

Re: Should I Have Called?? Of course you should have called .... both where shorter stacks, you had to call off around 2000 to win 5000, plus with the 'crap blind' structure on Boss you need to take the chance. The way they've bet pre-flop - (unless either where being 'cute' ) you can be pretty confident you've got the best hand anyway - which you did have by a long way Unfortunately you can outwit the people, but you can't always outwit the cards (although you didnt say how many players where left and how many seats where up for grabs)

Re: Should I Have Called?? This was the only table, with 2 seats up for grabs. As for my call, within a minute we were gonna hit the break after which the blinds were gonna be going up (AGAIN) and as I was already shortstacked, had already put chips into the pot and was gonna be BB in 2 hands, I thought it was worth a gamble. :$

Re: Should I Have Called?? Without thinking its a call from me. Richard is very aggressive player and no way hes slow playing AA, KK or AK. Id put him on PP, KJ, KQ. I wouldn't worry about Fonzie (and bad call by him as it was said already). If you got Richard beat you are only going to lose around 1.4k and plenty left to play.