When placing the lay: What is my best option?

When placing the lay: What is my best option?  

1. 1.

• 2 mins before the off
    • Literally seconds before
    • On the dot
    • To betfair SP using max odds cutoff

Very simply put: To maximise potential of a laying system and to get the best price possible for a novice like myself who can't sit at the computer all day.... Should I: Continue laying 2mins before the off with the aid of a timer which has the considerable disadvantage of laying against a steamer which just keeps getting backed in and backed in and backed in right until the very start which is often between 4 & 10 mins later? Set the timer to lay literally seconds before or right on the dot so as to minimise the harmful effect of steamers? Lay to betfair SP with a limit on max odds which will probably exclude some horses I would have got under my cutoff of 13.5 but will at least guarantee that on a good few horses under 10/1, the price I get against normal SP isn't total garbage? Please help me because until I can resolve this issue, I don't think it will matter if my s/r is 85% or 95%!! Cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.