Think your the best poker player on PL.....

msaban

Try this; copied from Poker News World Championship Mixed Event Begins at 5 pm On Wednesday at 5 pm, action will begin in the $10,000 World Championship event, which features not one but eight different poker variations. To say that the winner here needs a well-rounded poker game is just a bit of an understatement. Over the case of each hour, the players will rotate through the eight poker formats in this order: 1) Deuce-to-seven triple draw; 2) Fixed-limit hold'em; 3) Omaha-8 (hi/lo split); 4) Razz; 5) Seven-card stud; 6) Seven-card stud (hi/lo split, 8 or better); 7) No-limit hold'em; 8) Pot-limit Omaha. Because of the presence of the stud games, there will a maximum of eight players per table. The first twenty minutes of each level will be spent playing games 1-3 on the list above, with the game changing every eight hands. The second twenty minutes will be for games 4-6, and the final 20 minutes will be used for variants 7-8. At the start of each new level the overall process starts anew. This is a brand new event for the WSOP, so the winner will establish himself as the owner of an extra bit of poker lore. Expect most of the famed pros from the Vegas live games to be on hand for this one.

Re: Think your the best poker player on PL..... I'm sure you both would do well as would many others on here. It would be a case of "sitting out" of the games that you feel your not good at, and hoping to maximise the games you are. Currently the only game that bothers me, is the first one, not that I dont know how to play it, its jsut that I always swap in the hope of a better hand.

Re: Think your the best poker player on PL..... yeah the 10k is definately out of my limit but i think i could do ok:ok i feel i'm pretty good at all the games involved and i tend to fare pretty well in horse. i was actually thinking of playing the $1500 hilo game instead of a nlh game because i would rate my chances a bit higher, but as a lot of people are going around the nlh game i plumped for that. tbh i would rate the winner of this as the best all round player in the world ,but the main event is still the one to win.

Re: Think your the best poker player on PL.....

tbh i would rate the winner of this as the best all round player in the world ,but the main event is still the one to win.
completely agree, even more so than the HORSE event ( obv - more variants ), I think in the future this will be "THE" tournament that the pro's will want to win.

Re: Think your the best poker player on PL.....

i feel i'm pretty good at all the games involved and i tend to fare pretty well in horse. i was actually thinking of playing the $1500 hilo game instead of a nlh game because i would rate my chances a bit higher, but as a lot of people are going around the nlh game i plumped for that. tbh i would rate the winner of this as the best all round player in the world ,but the main event is still the one to win.
I could see you doing well Ben...its a shame the hi/lo game isn't convenient.
I've never played triple draw. It would be good to try sometime' date=' but of all the variants of poker I've never played, it's the one where I have least idea of what a good hand is, let alone what the right strategy might be.[/quote'] Try the $1 STT's on poker stars Slapdash. Most player don't know what they're doing but it gives you an idea of the better hands. I haven't played any triple draw for a while but if I remember correctly then its like Razz 'draw' but straights and flushes count. Thats the 'beauty' of it it isn't it? :\ :D

Re: Think your the best poker player on PL..... Not so sure this is more of a leveller than the HORSE tourney - with the inclusion of No Limit Hold Em and Pot Limit Omaha then I'm sure the 'Stud' players are at a big disadvantage. In fact with the UK/Europe penchant for Pot Limit Omaha I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from this side of the Atlantic winning this - especially as with the Pot Limit being the last of the 8 disciplines making for huge pots by the time it comes around.