Oh No Not Another Fecking Horse Laying Thread!!!

happygooner

Been putting it off and putting it off for ages but from tomorrow it's time to find out if what I've been working on for ages does actually have the legs to make me some cash in the longterm!! Due to ill discipline, bad luck and shite prices......so far it hasn't:sad Maybe by putting it out in the public domain I can tackle this lack of discipline while hopefully getting some good advice on getting better prices without being at the screen all day. Not practical with work. All this has been inspired by the successes of few and failure of many...and made possible by an external site which isn't massey where all my filters are saved into an automated system. I'll be posting up all raw data for every possible selection in the morning but I will only lay up to 13.5 so anything over will not end up as a lay. THERE ARE ALSO TWO FILTERS WHICH MAY CHANGE BY RACETIME WHICH ARE NUMBER OF RUNNERS AND TOP OFFICIAL RATING. DUE TO NON RUNNERS IT CAN'T REALLY BE HELPED BUT IF I FIND OUT ANYTHING NO LONGER FITS (MUST BE 8+ RUNNERS AND NOT TOP OR IN RACE) I WON'T LAY IT AND IT WON'T BE RECORDED IN THE DAYS RESULTS OR THE PROFIT/LOSS. SOMETIMES I'M NOT GOING TO KNOW UNTIL AFTER THE RACE DUE TO WORK COMMITMENTS. IN THAT CASE IT WILL BE RECORDED AND P/L CALCULATED DEPENDING ON RESULT. 5+ years data and over 27,000 selections suggests that if I can lay to a good enough price I will make good profit. Projected strike rate should be around 89% Most of the time this cutoff will give me max SP odds of 10/1 (still profitable at 13.5 although not by much) but occasionally, like today, I will end up getting the odd 11/1 or 12/1.......like today....when sods law the stupid thing won (see what I mean about bad luck!?) I have gone through many different ways to lay. Night before, in the morning, at lunch....and now 2 mins before the off. Due to crazy price swings, not one of these has alltogether filled me with total confidence. and ideas greatly appreciated!???????? One last thing is that the system may be refined as new filters become available for me to play with. Thus far I cannot find one single remaining filter on what is there now, which improves what I have. It's this or nothing haha!! NOW FOR THE CRAZY BIT WHICH NOBODY SHOULD COPY. A WEEK AGO I HAD £800 AND WAS TOUCHING £900. i NOW HAVE £300:@:wall:cry I'VE BEEN STAKING £6.44 FOR AGES (UNABLE TO GET TO WHERE I WOULD INCREASE) AND AM LOATHE TO REDUCE IT BY MUCH WHEN IT WOULD TAKE ME A STUPIDLY LONG TIME OR AN INCREDIBLY GOOD RUN TO GET BACK ALL MY LOSSES. FOR THIS REASON MY INITIAL STAKE IS GOING TO REMAIN £6.44 AND MY STARTING BANK WILL BE EXACTLY WHAT MY ACTUAL BETFAIR BANK IS.....£318.13 I HAVEN'T QUITE DECIDED WHEN I WILL INCREASE THIS....JUST FINGERS CROSSED I'M NOT FORCED TO REDUCE IT TO AVOID GOING BUST:eyes CLEARLY 2% STAKE IS NOT WISE LONGTERM :lol

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.