JJvsQJ 1st hand SnG

kef4o

I understand the critics about the QJ calling the all-in. But what would you do with the JJ? Taking into consideration that it is nailed on the QJ is calling I would also go all-in with that. It is a SnG with a small fee... So is it really a bad decision? This guy talks about how the QJ would call with AQ or better. There are people calling situations like these with 74s. I realistically would expect an Ace but still an Ace is not a made hand, whereas JJ is. Also any pair would mean a call aswell.

Re: JJvsQJ 1st hand SnG I'd have raised the min raise to 210 and if the clown is stupid enough to call and the flop came down 9 high like it did then I'd make an oversized pot bet of about 600 and give him a chance to hang himself. If you believe he has Q's, K's or Aces then you don't need to go broke on Jacks. I've folded Jacks many times pre-flop when I don't trust my read on an opponent and I've seen Jacks v Aces so many times that I'm always wary of it on tourneys.

Re: JJvsQJ 1st hand SnG

I understand the critics about the QJ calling the all-in. But what would you do with the JJ? Taking into consideration that it is nailed on the QJ is calling I would also go all-in with that. It is a SnG with a small fee... So is it really a bad decision? This guy talks about how the QJ would call with AQ or better. There are people calling situations like these with 74s. I realistically would expect an Ace but still an Ace is not a made hand, whereas JJ is. Also any pair would mean a call aswell.
i would say both are very bad plays:spank. the guy with qj min raises when he should call or reasonable raise really and then the all in call is attrocious, your only going to be behind and its your tourney on the line. the all in by the js is also pretty dumb,the only people calling that bet should have aces or at least ks, so your only callers will beat you about 80-90%of the time:eek he got lucky by picking up someone dumb enough to call with qj:wall i would be raising up to 250 ish then putting in a big bet on the flop if the other guy called. thinking its only small stakes or a freeroll is never a good idea as bad habits creep into your game;) maybe later in the game with different stacks ,blinds and info on the other players etc then both plays become valid, but 1st hand it is awful play by both.