Goodwood 22/05/08

Goodwood 2.50 On paper it looks like a straightforward win for Sixties Icon, it is by far the classiest horse in the race and looked ready to return to winning ways last time out but there has to be doubts over the trip. There may be a muddling pace with such a small field but I can see Ryan Moore making the running if needed. Blue Ksar is a decent horse at this sort of level but I can't help thinking it is better when the words soft appear in the going description. Sweet Lily is a quirky tail flasher that I couldn't have much faith in, it seems to be going backwards and its form over 10f is not great. Spice Route is normally ridden in touch which may not suit Jamie Spencers style of riding and I feel it lacks some class, I have not been very impressed with it and can't see it suddenly improving. The one I've backed for small stakes at large prices is Ballinteni (44.0 win and 15.5 place), it has to improve loads but trainer thinks well of the horse, it is in form, won recently and likes this kind of trip. Has only won up to class 3 level but apparently has bad feet and is better than the bare form shown. Hard to see it getting past Sixties Icon but the 15.5 place may be worth a few quid as the others are not the most reliable bunch. If Sixties Icon goes anywhere near evens it will be worth a bet with Moore on board. Prediction 1st - Sixties Icon 2nd - Ballinteni

Re: Goodwood 22/05/08 Best of Luck 5.10 is an interesting handicap and two horses catch my eye....Golden Quest [2pts Win @ 4.34 with Coral] as is well handicapped but a hard ride so todays jockey booking of Jimmy fortune who wont take any nonsense looks a plus. Other bet is on Millfield [8pts Place @ 2.7 with Betfair] as i like horses who run well when most of the other stable horses are out of form

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.