To Steal Or Not To Steal

DM99

I would like some advice with the following hand just played please. As far as I can figure I was roughly 60% to win the hand, and if you can get keep getting evens at that probability you're laughing! Background: 20 or so hands into a freeroll. 10 player table but about 6 zombies so just four active players largely competing over blinds. This fact has been recognised and people are loosening their starting hand requirements. I reckon I have an image of a TAG player, but again looking to open up my range and be more aggressive. I am chip leader. Sorry I can't find a way to get text HH from anywhere, so I'll have to describe the best I can. Hand: Late position, one off the button Dealt to me: Jc 8h 6 players fold. I raise to 2xBB BB calls. (He is second chip leader, aggressive but I have noticed some donky plays from him.) Flop 7d 8s 3s He checks. I go all in. (I have top pair, no overcards on board, figure he would have reraised with JJ+. Happy to take my chances with stealing the blinds or a coin toss and am favourite to double up.) He calls. Him Js 10s Turn 10c River Kc Donk wins by donkily chasing a flush draw but donkily hits on the turn anyway. How could I have played it better? Obviously going all in was not the best move and the thought that someone could call an all-in when chasing a flush draw never occurred to me!

Re: To Steal Or Not To Steal Can't really comment Dude without the chipsizes and size of the blinds etc. Nothing wrong with his call he has a gutshot draw and flush draw that's 12 outs which gives him a 48% chance of winning (roughly even money) but in this situation he actually had any 10 to hit as well which gave him another 3 outs. On the flop although he didn't actually know, he had 15 outs which made him a 60% fav to win the hand. The gutshot and flush draw alone was more than enough for him to call your allin.

Re: To Steal Or Not To Steal Too right Steve, didn't see the potential straight. With his outs I can see that I was not as well off as I thought. My original intention was to fold if nothing hit on the flop. An all-in was too big, should have just made a c-bet then folded to any aggression :sad

Re: To Steal Or Not To Steal Make sure you get Pokerstove for checking odds - it's free :ok Which site are you playing on? Most should have hand history's without any problem - they really are essential to give all the relevent information - you'll find that most of the time people post hands without the hand histories (from the regulars anyway) they're just trying to hide information to imply a bad beat :tongue2

Re: To Steal Or Not To Steal

Can't really comment Dude without the chipsizes and size of the blinds etc. Nothing wrong with his call he has a gutshot draw and flush draw that's 12 outs which gives him a 48% chance of winning (roughly even money) but in this situation he actually had any 10 to hit as well which gave him another 3 outs. On the flop although he didn't actually know, he had 15 outs which made him a 60% fav to win the hand. The gutshot and flush draw alone was more than enough for him to call your allin.
Yeah, it'd be an insta call for me in a freeroll as well, not point trying to limp for a place. In a cash game, I'd have folded to your bet. The problem I have is you're going to be miles behind to a call. top pair with an 8 and a jack kicker is jsut so open to being drawn out on. The all in is far too much, this is a mistake i used to make, what I do now is judge what'll take to get him to fold. in this case a pot sized bet would have been enough, this way you can get away from it. His check should make you slightly suspicious on the flop anyway.