Chris Moneymaker didn't show on PS

Snowman1964

Hi everyone I was on Poker Stars the other night playing in my usual crap manner and making some shameful decisions before being eliminated. I decided to stick around and observe the invitation game with Chris Moneymaker. Nine players used thousands of their FPP to get the opportunity to play the ex-World champ in a single table game with a bounty for the person knocking him out. The only problem...he didn't show up. This was a disappointment to those of us spectating but must have been a body blow for those sat at the table. Eventually he was blinded out and judging from the comments in the chat window, they were less than happy. Within a few minutes he popped up in the chat window and apologised saying that his connection went down...so it was lost immediately before the game and was re-connected immediately after he was out. I was recently fortunate enough to be invited as a guest to a Punters Lounge tourney where Trillion offered a bounty to anyone performing the simple task of eliminating me. It was a really fun evening and I stuck around to the very end doing my best to entertain everyone, cracking gags, commenting on the play, commiserating with lost hands etc. Of course, I didn't get paid anything but did my best to provide value and entertainment to everyone there. Punters Lounge, Trillion poker and (more importantly) the players deserved nothing less. From what I can gather, Chris is a really nice guy and takes his responsibilities as a sponsored Poker Stars professional seriously but surely this situation could have been handled better. A simple phone call to the technical department and a message could have been passed on to the players or maybe even a re-schedule of the game. It would be nice to think that PS will contact these players and maybe sort out something out. I'm sure Chris Moneymaker would agree and thereby keep his ever increasing fan base happy.