Limit

Nitenurze

Hey, I play a bit of poker online and have until recently been losing....winning a small bit but mainly losing. I then changed from NL and PL to Limit and am having good results. What I am wondering is whether this is a probabale honeymoon period or do some people just adapt to Limit better than NL and PL? Cheers, NN

Re: Limit If you stick to limit holdem mate and make it pay you deserve a medal. I personally hate limit holdem but don't mind when it's a horse or stud game. I find pl omaha to be the most profitable form of poker for me as it seems many people jump feet first into playing omaha without any real understanding of the game as I'm sure most of us did when we first started playing holdem.

Re: Limit

Hey, I play a bit of poker online and have until recently been losing....winning a small bit but mainly losing. I then changed from NL and PL to Limit and am having good results. What I am wondering is whether this is a probabale honeymoon period or do some people just adapt to Limit better than NL and PL? Cheers, NN
might be that you play too many drawing hands for big pots in no limit:ok its not so bad in limit and pl as the bets get bigger the further the hand goes, so its unlikely you will need to call a decent bet before the turn. no limit however you can get caught in a big hand early on, and drawing too often will kill your bankroll;)

Re: Limit You dont say what stakes, but micro stakes limit poker is the easiest game to never have a losing session at. The standard is awfull. People just want to see flops. Move up to $1.00/$2.00 and you'll find dozens of players playing ABC poker grinding out small profits and clearing bonuses. Indeed people have developed programs that can do this for you. If your playing above that and winning, well done, keep it up, and aim for the handful of bracelets available at limit in the wsop.