WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008

I have done one of these for the NH season and although a bit sketchy at the moment there have been lots of winners on there despite the losers and with another years experience as a relatively novice punter hopefully there will be some more on the flat and P/L better. A few things I will try to do better are: not quite as many races covered, that does not necessarily mean numbers of bets drop dramatically but more that I will not do for example 18 races on one day, there will be a touch more more reservation even if it means the odd big winner will escape and also I will be a bit more reserved on the stakes of ante post bets, something that cost me badly on my jumps thread. Post first bets up in a minute and should be back from WHL today in time for the big Lincoln.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WoodyTHFC Flat Season 2008 Doncaster 2.50 Zaahid 3/1 betfr 15 pts Was my main fancy for the Lincoln and its a shame for me that an improving horse like this could not make it when there are so many exposed horses in the Lincoln. It was similar in the Ebor last year when horses like Mahler couldn't make the cut and yet by the end of the season it was a Royal Ascot winner and placed in a Leger and Melbourne Cup. Anyway improved last year notably start two back when won despite terrible run, value for about 3/4 lengths no question that day, after that another solid run when placed behind Godolphin but for me was on the wrong part of the track that day by Hills and that marks up the run higher imo, a mark of 92 seems fair imo. Draw anyones guest but generally since redevolpment, middle to higher was favoured early on, still that probabaly is the biggest potential problem from 21 yet could be advantage. 3.25 Utmost Respect 5.9 betf 7.5 pts win 2.68 betf 7.5 pts place Slightly disappointed by lack of trainers confidence this morning and last run at the increasingly unreliable Ascot surface. However until then looking a real improver into pattern company possibly, when landing gamble in Silver Cup a prime example, trainer does well with his horses and although maybe not completely ready, really no one but the trainer knows has enough sbility to go close from 13 Wi Dud 9.4 betf 7.5 pts win 3.15 place 7.5 pts Good at 2, chased home Dutch Art for one and some fairly good runs at times last season, notably at San when mugged by Hoh Mike in Group race, normally front runs with pace to burn, it has been running with enough credit in better races last season so drop to listed company appeals e.w at least. 4.00 Prince Forever 8/1 boy bog 7.5 pts e.w 5 places A dark horse imo. Only three starts and has looked inexperienced so far and big field considering that maybe a concern. However lots of ability and fairly unexposed, mark of 106 reflects its run in listed company lto when behind Tariq who went onto better things in group races and second and fourth have both performed well at times after that race so that looks a good race. At 2 won on debut and then considered good enough to be in Group 2 behind last years Guineas first and second and Derby second, pulled too free that day to ruin chance and end up last but big field should enable a fair bit of cover which might be what the horse needs to settle better and a contender of interest, Rio Riva 10/1 spo 7.5 pts e.w more exposed but still in with solid chance of place at least, second last year from awful draw and really unlucky not to win that day, after that disappointed at times last season but still some fairly good runs notably when softer so drop of rain would not hurt at all and only 3 pounds higher than last year. Drawn lower, hopefully draw will not be too important in deciding racing today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.