Anyone playing Step on PS?

Burnley Joe

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Dear Fonzie14, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have won an admission ticket to 'WSOP Step 4'. This ticket allows you to participate only in a tournament of this type. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or Tournament Dollars (T$); if you register and then unregister from the tournament, your ticket will be returned. :hope

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Dear Fonzie14, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have won an admission ticket to 'WSOP Step 5'. This ticket allows you to participate only in a tournament of this type. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or Tournament Dollars (T$); if you register and then unregister from the tournament, your ticket will be returned. :hope:hope

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS?

:welcometo step 6 Fonzie :notworthy.
Dear Fonzie14, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have won an admission ticket to 'WSOP Step 6'. This ticket allows you to participate only in a tournament of this type. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or Tournament Dollars (T$); if you register and then unregister from the tournament, your ticket will be returned. ty hen :ok :hope:hope:hope

Horrible beat on that AK v A5, but great come back :clap. What a catch with Q6 v KK :loon
Justice was done though, the guy that beat my AK with A5 got knocked out and the guy that I sucked out on with Q6 to KK went through with me. :nana:nana:nana

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Nice one Joe/Hen/Fonzie I've tried some of these (for both the WSOP and LAPT). In theory it sounds like a decent way of getting there, but I'm getting nowhere. One Step 4 is all I've managed, and I got shafted in that. It could be that I'm crap at turbo's. Is there anything that I should be doing in the first 3 Steps?

Have you played it yet or still hanging on Fonzie?
Sorry hen, didn't see your post yesterday. No I haven't played yet, been watching a few of the step 6 games and it would seem that there are quite a few of the pros who are using it as a high value sitngo, obviously thinking that there may be a high % of fish (like me :tongue2) who have lucked their way through the steps and a good oportunity to get a 12.5k boost to ther bankroll. So I am looking to play during our daytime, as most of the big boys that are doing this are from US and Canada. Just something to look out for if you get to step 6 again:ok.

Nice one Joe/Hen/Fonzie I've tried some of these (for both the WSOP and LAPT). In theory it sounds like a decent way of getting there, but I'm getting nowhere. One Step 4 is all I've managed, and I got shafted in that. It could be that I'm crap at turbo's. Is there anything that I should be doing in the first 3 Steps?
Not sure Gaz, I must admit the first 3 sreps (turbos) are a bit of a lottery with a lot of fishy players, but once I got to step 4, when the blinds revert to 10mins, I just played ABC poker and went 4,5,6 straight through. Am now trying to pick my moment (see previous post) :hope

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? All went horribly wrong I'm afraid. Hardly any cards in first hour. Was turning into a push fest after break, short stacked, pushed with QJ into QQ...DOH!:wall Out in 8th for nowt :sad Still, was a lot of fun for $7.50...might try again :ok

Nice one Joe/Hen/Fonzie I've tried some of these (for both the WSOP and LAPT). In theory it sounds like a decent way of getting there, but I'm getting nowhere. One Step 4 is all I've managed, and I got shafted in that. It could be that I'm crap at turbo's. Is there anything that I should be doing in the first 3 Steps?
I tried a few times starting at Step 1 a while ago, but just didn't seem able to get past Level 2 (and rarely even past Step 1!). But I had another go yesterday, and got straight through the first four levels. I'll probably have a go at Step 5 at the weekend.

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Had a few goes at the WSOP step but not going anywhere really.. A while ago I was playing those for EPT qualification and although I eventually didnot make it I also found it quite easy to go far. The good thing with those is that quickly you get to play at higher buy-ins and you can make a lot of FPPs Fred

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Ok, so signed up for poker stars and been giving the steps a go. 1st attempt, step 2, crashed out in 9th ! 2nd attempt step 2 again .... 3rd attempt I am currently on step 4 ..... I found myself playing 3 or 4 at step 1 and 2 so far, up and down the levels like a yo yo !! Will try step 4 next week .... any advice for me ? this is by far the biggest buy in i have ever played !

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? Ok so could not wait .... Finished 4th in step 4, 4th in step 3, then 9th when my A2 hit 2 pair on the flop and small blind hit trip 9s ... Lot of fun for my $ though and nearly enough FPP for a free go at level 1 !!!

I tried a few times starting at Step 1 a while ago, but just didn't seem able to get past Level 2 (and rarely even past Step 1!). But I had another go yesterday, and got straight through the first four levels. I'll probably have a go at Step 5 at the weekend.
This was a while ago. I came fifth at Step 5, which meant I got to replay at Step 4, and then gradually floated down through the levels ... Step 3, Step 2, Step 1, out.
After squandering a few hundred $ on this' date=' I've finally got back up to Step 4! :eek[/quote'] I haven't squandered that much (yet), though I have squandered all my FPPs. But I also got back up to Step 4 yesterday.

Re: Anyone playing Step on PS? After a couple of decent-ish MTT cashes on Stars, I thought I would give these a go. Played Step 1 today, and got through. I thought the standard was fairly average, even allowing for the fact that it was a turbo. Question for those who have go on through the levels. What is the standard like as the Steps progress?