Greyhound System helpers required

Hi my name is andy and i am trying a system out but it is far too time consuming for me to get any real results but the ones i have done have all made profit. It is quite easy to do the math once you know how the system works what i need is for 5 people to help me out here in doing some calculations and posting selections in this thread for all to see. If interested in joining the trials please email me or skype me and i will explain what is involved sorry to be a bit cagey about the system and i hope i am not breaking forum rules but i would like to properly test it live and i cant do this on my own. It works on paper with the few i have time to calculate it does involve simple math out of the 6 people including me we would need 2 people to cover the morning cards, 2 people to cover the afternoon cards and 2 people to cover the evening cards covering all the days greyhound meetings so if you would like to help out come on get on [EDIT] best regards andy

Re: Greyhound System helpers required ime sorry i dont put myself across very well i have paper traded on my own i need to put it into practice thats what i am asking for but i can only do 2 cards a day maximum and that is pushing it this is a system i have its free and there is no untoward repocushions you can paper trade as far as i am concerned all we need to know is the results daily am i doing this all wrong i dont know ettiquette on forums

Re: Greyhound System helpers required hi If you're not spamming# did i say i was spamming when i signed up it asked for a website so i put it in i will remove it if so required its been dead for months just something i was toying with but if it offends it is gone i only filled in what was required at registration but i cant understand why it is spamming if i had put the link in this thread (like you have done) then fair enough it was your choice to look in my profile if you want to look around feel free login racingking password winners i have nothing to hide i came on here firstly because it is very good and active secondly maybe to learn something and thirdly to look for a bit of help working a system so in theory you are spamming my thread hahahah it is a free url i just picked up whilst bored one day i hope this answers your question regards andy ps if someone here would like to use this url feel free

Re: Greyhound System helpers required Andy, we just don't do "if interesed email me", if you post the system here in public view you'll get all the help you need in no time. But if you want to form a private group you can't use PL for that. It defaets the whole purpose of a public forum. To have a website link in you signature or even in a post does require prior permission. However any member can have any website link in their profile.

Re: Greyhound System helpers required ok dp ime sorry i am truly new to this i will remove or you remove the link it realy isnt an issue with me and i cant beleive its causing such a stir the reason about this thread is because the system is so complex i wanted to talk to people on skype to talk them through it and get oppinions and a bit of teamwork i cant beleive i wrote if interested how narrow minded of me i must read my posts before posting i will write this 100 times i will start again sorry for all the confusion

Re: Greyhound System helpers required ok guys here goes the system requires to have a account on the rp website which i think most here have we need to go to the dogs cards for the day for each race we add together the last 3 outings first bend times together and the last 3 race finish times together for each greyhound so it should look like this first bend trap 1: 4.27+4.32+4.23=12.82 finish time trap 1 added together 8652 trap2: 4.25+4.67+4.90=13.82 finish time added together 8412 etc you do all 6 dogs and then you work out from 1 to 6 in order of merit example trap1: first bend 1 finish time 2 trap2: first bend 2 finish time 1 trap3: first bend 4 finish time 6 trap4: first bend 5 finish time 4 trap5: first bend 3 finish time 3 trap6: first bend 6 finish time 5 add these 2 figures together ie: trap1 1+2=3 trap2 2+1=3 trap3 4+6=10 trap4 5+4=9 trap5 3+3=6 trap6 6+5=11 the dog with the highest number we lay off so we lay off trap 6 and i would dutch back traps 1 & 2 can you see how time consuming this can be with about 80 races a day thats why i am looking for help we each pick a meeting a day and share our selections i havnt done much on the backing side but when i have they have won out of each race meeting a day i have had only 1 winner but we cant do anything about dogs bumping and is to be expected so if you want to test this theory with me please leave feedback here regards andy

Re: Greyhound System helpers required right a few things you probably need to note. If you are taking the last 3 theres probably a few filters you need to add in... - Rule out a dog that has had a layoff (season/injury/fall) as their previous time will likely be better than how it will run that day - I assume you are ruling out trial times - What if trap 1s last 3 times had been in trap 3 (where he always runs badly) There are a lot of situations where this system will fall flat on its face.

Re: Greyhound System helpers required thanks for the input i do generally do as you say i look at all the pitfalls but as a rule we must accept we are going to get losers but the system we have here is designed to have 90% winners which in turn should return a good profit but untill we get a group to test this i suppose we are in limbo but thankyou for the input yes i do omit trials as this isnt true to competition racing

Re: Greyhound System helpers required What do you do with races where dogs have run different lengths recently? I just got home, went onto the RP site to check what you were saying. The 611 at Monmore, trap 6, has 2 of the last 3 races on a longer race, the other 3 match the current race. So do we disregard this completey, or go on with it?

Re: Greyhound System helpers required well what i do is if there are 3 races in the last five shown on the rp website where the dog ran the same distance i use the next race inline aslong as it isnt a time trial if you get what i mean but if the dog has only run lets say 2 races in the last five at 500m then i do not do that one race and go on to the next

Re: Greyhound System helpers required ive had some great response and lots of suggestions one suggestion was to develop some sort of spreadsheet to do the math as i know nothing about this field i was wondering if anyone here could devise something to make this system a little less time consuming thanks for all the replys and suggestions please keep the possitive feedback coming

Re: Greyhound System helpers required Graders at BAGS tracks are told to put three pingers and three finishers in each race whenever possible, for most of the card, supposedly giving every dog a level chance, barring bent races. This gives the bookies a chance to bet at the instructed 140%, or the stadium loses its BAGS contract, and becomes a supermarket. Betfair bet at about 102% and laying is a dangerous game to play with absolute rags at the track showing at 5/1, when they can easily be 12/1 or more on Betfair. The graders are also told to let a winner stay in the same grade for two of the races, to attract punters into having a go at a short priced jolly. Over 60% of dogs that lead at the first bend go on to win. Sectional times mean nothing when dogs are upgraded as they do not generally last home in better company. Bitches who are fresh back from a seasonal break do not perform well for a good few weeks. The Racing Post greyhound type setter is a joke. He thinks because a dog is in 5 or 6 it is a wide runner, and will mark the formcard with a 'W'. A lot of the time they are not wide runners at all, but are not confirmed railers, so they get stuck in the outside traps, head straight down the middle, and cause carnage at the first turn. Bumping and boring costs fractions of a second, but a quarter of a second = about 3 lengths, and is hard to peg back. Any track bias is increased in adverse weather. Fast starters don't normally do well in 6 benders, unless there is trouble behind them. Taking all this into account, the only redeeming feature of dog racing is that there are no jockeys to pull them.

Re: Greyhound System helpers required Systems don't work. Is that positive enough? If you're basing your system on time, all the calculations appear to be pointless. The RP shows the dogs fastest time on the form line. Just back the fastest dog. Alternately, lay the dog with the slowest 'fastest time' on the form line.

Re: Greyhound System helpers required

Systems don't work.
A bit of a sweeping statement :loon. I think if you look around the various threads on this section of the Forum, you will find that some systems DO work, even in the long-term. :dude

Re: Greyhound System helpers required "If you're basing your system on time, all the calculations appear to be pointless. The RP shows the dogs fastest time on the form line. Just back the fastest dog. Alternately, lay the dog with the slowest 'fastest time' on the form line" cassius there is alot more to this system than you care to take into mind the whole idea of this thread is to work a system whether it works or not why do you keep sticking your oar in where it is not wanted if you dont want to help out then thats fine but please leave us alone to get on with it and stop posting your oppinions where they are clearly not wanted :spank

Re: Greyhound System helpers required

ok guys here goes the system requires to have a account on the rp website which i think most here have we need to go to the dogs cards for the day for each race we add together the last 3 outings first bend times together and the last 3 race finish times together for each greyhound so it should look like this first bend trap 1: 4.27+4.32+4.23=12.82 finish time trap 1 added together 8652 trap2: 4.25+4.67+4.90=13.82 finish time added together 8412 etc you do all 6 dogs and then you work out from 1 to 6 in order of merit example trap1: first bend 1 finish time 2 trap2: first bend 2 finish time 1 trap3: first bend 4 finish time 6 trap4: first bend 5 finish time 4 trap5: first bend 3 finish time 3 trap6: first bend 6 finish time 5 add these 2 figures together ie: trap1 1+2=3 trap2 2+1=3 trap3 4+6=10 trap4 5+4=9 trap5 3+3=6 trap6 6+5=11 the dog with the highest number we lay off so we lay off trap 6 and i would dutch back traps 1 & 2 can you see how time consuming this can be with about 80 races a day thats why i am looking for help we each pick a meeting a day and share our selections i havnt done much on the backing side but when i have they have won out of each race meeting a day i have had only 1 winner but we cant do anything about dogs bumping and is to be expected so if you want to test this theory with me please leave feedback here regards andy
Here's your feedback :dude Here are the first 6 races at each of this mornings meetings as I had 20 minutes to spare. It took a lot longer to type out than add up. 11-03 Co-top rated 1-3-5..........worst rated 2 11-11 top rated 3.....................worst rated 4 11-19 top rated 1.....................joint worst rated 2+6 11-28 top rated 3.....................worst rated 5 11-34 top rated 3.....................joint worst rated 2+5 11-44 top rated 4.....................worst rated 1 11-48 top rated 6.....................joint worst 1,2,3,4, and 5 11-57 top rated 3.....................worst rated 4 12-04 top rated 1.....................worst rated 5 12-12 joint top rated 5+6...........worst rated 3 12-18 top rated 6.....................joint worst rated 1+3 12-27 top rated 3.....................worst rated 5 FFT = Fastest fastest time on racecard SFT = Slowest fastest time on racecard ...........FFT.........SFT 11-03.....6..........1+2 11-11.....6............5 11-19.....4............2 11-28.....6............1 11-34 ....6............5 11-44.....6............1 11-48.....4............5 11-57.....3............5 12-04...3+6...........4 12-12.....6............3 12-18.....5............6 12-27.....4............5 Results 11-03 1-5 11-11 2-4 11-19 5-6 11-28 2-6 11-34 4-5 11-44 3-5 11-48 1-3 11-57 6-3 12-04 3-4 12-12 3-5 12-18 2-6 12-27 6-3 Notes 11-03 Trap 1, the winner, was co-top rated, but on the racecard it was the joint slowest dog!! 11-11 The top rated dog (3) was unplaced. The worst rated dog (4) was 2nd. The fastest dog (6) was unplaced. 11-19 The top rated (1) and the fastest dog (4) were both unplaced 11-28 The top rated dog (3) was unplaced, the fastest dog (6) was 2nd 11-34 The top rated dog (3) was unplaced, the slowest dog (5) was 2nd. The fastest dog (6) was unplaced. 11-44 The top rated dog (4) was unplaced, as was the fastest dog (6) 11-48 The 6 dogs rating was 2, all 5 others were rated 8. The fastest dog was 4. The first 3 home were 1-3-2. 11-57 The top rated dog (3) was 2nd. It was also the fastest dog. 12-04 The top rated dog (1) was unplaced. The joint fastest dog (3) won. The slowest dog was 2nd. 12-12 The joint top rated dogs were 5+6. The fastest dog was (6). Trap 5 was 2nd, to the worst rated dog, and also the slowest dog (3) 12-18 The top rated dog (6) was also the dog with the slowest time!! The fastest dog (5) was unplaced. 12-27 The top rated dog (3) was 2nd. The fastest dog (4) was unplaced. One co-rated winner in 12 races. All the lays went okay until the 12-12 (10th race in) The winners S.P. was 5/1, and in my experience of prices of rags at dogs on Betfair, in all probability it was at least 12/1. Grex, There are systems that work, but a time based greyhound system is not one of them. There are far too many imponderables for it to succeed. Bunny isn't the first, and won't be the last, to try a system like this. I don't back or lay dogs much, but I know old hands who have been going for over 35 years, and they all say the same thing. Times mean nothing. I shall now leave you in peace :ok

Re: Greyhound System helpers required nice work with the system not betting on anything over 8.0 then i suppose it could have gone further i have taken into account of all you are saying and i am working on a spreadsheet and trying to incorporate your suggestions and using a automated spreadsheet should make it quicker and probably better it could take a while but hey :( i will carry on and see what it throws up in all forms of betting there are fixes bumping off days it goes with the territory just hopefully we can come up with something where the winners outweigh the losers and chuck us some profit thats the aim in this game i have yet to put a staking plan in here but that will come but the truth of the matter is what races i have done i have ended up in profit 50% luck and 50% statistical probably wow you must be good with a calculator ;)

Re: Greyhound System helpers required wow you must be good with a calculator ;) Not at all. All done using the old grey matter :ok I can't get a round peg in a round hole, and am the worlds worst DIY man. Give me four planks of wood, a saw and some plans for furniture, and I can make perfect firewood in under 20 minutes. But I have always been good at mental arithmetic, hence the 35 years working for different bookies apart from having other jobs. I have no idea why I'm good at it, it just came naturally as a kid. Regarding the note on the other post about bitches returning from seasonal rest. They take 16 to 20 weeks to get back to top form, from the time they go into season. I had my eyes open for two bitches for nearly a fortnight as they were due to approach their peak. Beechwood Velvet and Heskeys Noelene, one at Newcastle and the other at Nottingham. They both won last week, one at 7/2, the other at 9/4. I was working at Cheltenham and missed them both. :sad

Re: Greyhound System helpers required should have put a bet in the market on betfair using the new sp feature not tried it myself yet but ime sure it will be winging its way into some automated systems. having said that i have done a spreadsheet in excel that calculates all the time figures for you and gives the final result to lay it needs tidying up a little bit but next i am going to try and incorporate into it last 5 results at the same distance and then the grade of the race aswell using this information as a reduction factor or a bonus factor not sure yet how to do this only started using excel for the first time in my life last night :wall anyone want a copy of what ive done so far to play about with and tidy it up a bit you are more than welcome dont know how ime going to get it to you though maybe i could put a link to my website and sitck it on there if that is allowed. anyways i will percevere :sad