Customer Service Issue

happyhornet

I'm having an issue with a poker site over an occurance last week, and I am a little unsure as to what to do next (if anything). Hopefully some wisdom from you guys will help. The scenario is I am playing a few tournaments on different sites one night last week. Everything was running smoothly. Then, out of nowhere, when I got moved tables, the site didn't take me to a new table and just froze. I appreciate that this is a common occurance, and I exercised patience and waited a while. Nothing happened so I exited the site, and attempted to log back in. After half hour of attempting this without success, I gave up. I was still in two other tourneys and concentrated on them. The following day (when I eventually logged in) I contacted Live support, and sent an e/mail. Support refused point blank to take on board my issue and blamed me or my computer for the problem. Today I received this e/mail: Dear Steve, Thank you for the email regarding your poker account. From our investigation we have found that your problems might be due to issues with the ISP or router and therefore a refund can not be adjusted. Please double check your internet connection as it seam it causes the prolems. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. I'm no expert on computing (and if I am wrong here, please someone point this out) but if my ISP or router was to blame would that not have also affected the other sites I was on?:unsure I'm left a little miffed by the complete absence of empathy and not sure whether I should continue with a hefty chunk of my bankroll with this site, or should I just accept that these things happen. Any thoughts would be appreciated:ok Steve

Re: Customer Service Issue Happy, I'll be very surprised if that wasn't Boss Media.... If I'm right, then the only advice I can give is practise this.... :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall Unfortunately they are cnuts of the highest order.

Re: Customer Service Issue If you've been with them for a while I would point out: 1. How long you have played there. 2. That this is the first time you've complained about this problem. 3. That if they feel unable to recompense you that you will assume this means they do not value your custom.

Re: Customer Service Issue Cheers Guys. :ok Mr V. Are you psychic?:unsure. It is a Boss site (Pokerkings). If it wasn't for the link with PL and the venue of the league games, I would chuck them at a moments notice. Perhaps if I reply in stronger tones someone may actually read my e/mail before printing their generic response!!:lol

Re: Customer Service Issue Unfortunately I have way too many of those e-mails myself. :eyes Just done a quick search through the Poker, Poker, POker forums for connection problems and I've pulled up these 'beauties'... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26422&highlight=connection+problem http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22905&highlight=connection+problem http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20900&highlight=connection+problem I do have a theory... and that is that these connection problems are caused (in part) by slower PC's, although I don't think that its the only reason as I suffered problems after having a nice new shiny PC. The Boss Media customer service really are rubbish and don't care. You may be better off addressing your problem to the skin owners, explaining that the network never takes the blame for these disconnections.

Re: Customer Service Issue

I do have a theory... and that is that these connection problems are caused (in part) by slower PC's' date=' although I don't think that its the only reason as I suffered problems after having a nice new shiny PC.[/quote'] I agree with the slow PC issue - the Boss software has historically been very processor intensive (more so than other networks) and has therefore been very unforgiving of slower machines. My current machine is a bit of a beast ;) and I dont have serious problems on Boss very often any more.