PDC World Grand Prix Darts

Guest GazBlades

Re: World Grand Prix I echo Gaz's sentiments on giving credit to Peter Callaby, but there is something about him that winds me up! I have seen both of his matches and he has played really well, pulled out some cracking finishes, and his manner on and around the oche is nothing unusual. But in his interviews (especially the one after he had put out Taylor) his manner was one of 'well what do you expect'. I know they are short matches in the early stages and Taylor is vunerable then, but Callaby murdered him, and you would have thought in the interview he would have said something along the lines of, Yep i played really well, Taylor is vunerable, am really pleased with my performance. But i felt as though there was a feeling of beign underwhelmed after all this guy had just knocked out a legend!!! Even Dave Wahts-his-face was struggling. anyway rant over :p

Guest GazBlades

Re: World Grand Prix Totally gutting was that Chris Mason match. He has it won, and blew it! At least it meant the 180's bet came in though. Tonight, I think Lloyd will beat Baxter. Will be close though. Don't think the bookies have it quite right. In the other game, I fancy Beaton to beat Warriner. Warriner has got this far without playing too well, while Beaton has played the best he has since he came over to the PDC, and after last night may think his name is on the trophy! I'll be taking the 11/10 at Stan James (there may be better about, odds-comparison is being crap and I haven't time to look). I also fancy both games to be 6-4, but probably won't bother with that.

Guest Ell Ess Dee     0

Re: World Grand Prix I personally think Warriner will beat Beaton. Beaton has been on a roll, against Mason he was done and dusted. Without taking too much away from Beaton, Mason just fell apart. Amazing comeback though, best i have seen in years. Warriner on his day and form and i think it will be tonight will be unstoppable. Too close to call against Llyod and Baxter although Llyod has the slighter edge i can see this being very close.

Guest GazBlades

Re: World Grand Prix So its a Colin Lloyd vs Alan Warriner final. I can't see Lloyd not winning it, and I'd go for a 7-3 scoreline. Looking at the BDO Winmau World Masters going on in Bridlington, I struggle to look past Ted Hankey. He's playing well at the moment, and should have that little bit too much for Tony O'Shea and Mervyn King (who I think will beat Tony David in the other semi-final). 7/4 doesn't look a bad price (at Bet365).

Guest Ell Ess Dee     0

Re: World Grand Prix I would like to agree, Lloyd has been better of the 2. But, if Wozza ups his game slightly he could nick this and i think 3.86 on Betfair is too good to miss, 1.33 for Lloyd is a joke IMO. He did win this 2 year ago in superb style might i add.

Guest Ell Ess Dee     0

Re: World Grand Prix

So its a Colin Lloyd vs Alan Warriner final. I can't see Lloyd not winning it, and I'd go for a 7-3 scoreline.
Amazing Gaz (well done and i hope other punters got on it), what odds did you get?? Hope you whacked real money on it ;) . personally could not see it, Warriner very poor on his finishing. Top marks to Lloyd and he very well deserved it, as usual bookies don't get it wrong...

Guest GazBlades

Re: PDC World Grand Prix Darts Thanks. After my experience of correct scores in the Matchplay, I had a grand total of..........nothing on 7-3!!!! Only gave my opinion, can't even remember what the odds were. I'm pretty sure I said Lloyd on the first page of this. It was after my original picks, on either the saturday evening or the sunday morning after his win in the PDPA Players Championship over Taylor. I'm a bit too tipsy to be arsed to look though after my glorious 3-1 win with a 48 average tonight (my worst ever!). I'm a bit disapointed after the start I had that I didn't get the runner up too (Mason should have been there, but bottled it), but i'd have taken it at the start! As for the PDC World Championship, i'd like to wait until I know the form going into it, but I'd have to say that I wouldn't like to back against Phil Taylor at the moment. Something tells me he'll be back! (although there is a rumour going round that he's considering a switch back to the BDO to end his career........don't belive it myself)