Kempton 10/02/08

As you might know, I have a very small share in a horse named DESERT LIGHT. Well, it runs tomorrow and I have got the information from the stable regarding its chances. I have also got an owner's badge for tomorrow, so look out for me on the telly!!!! ;) Desert Light:

Desert Light heads back to Kempton on Sunday hoping to improve on his 4th place at the same track last time out with Dean McKeown taking the ride. Derek said "Desert Light has been drawn in stall 12 against the rail which should enable Dean to drop him in behind the field in readiness for his customary late run". "Dean will be looking to make his move at the intersection and if the gaps appear he will hopefully go close given luck in running". He added "I have put Dean on Desert Light in the hope that his extra experience can make the difference as he is well handicapped having dropped down to a mark of 52 which is 2lb lower than his last run and 5lb lower than his previous highest winning handicap mark of 57". "It is however a step up in grade being for horses rated 0-65 whilst his last run was for 0-60 rated horses". "Things haven't gone his way for a variety of reasons recently for the apprentices and amateur riders who have been in the saddle". "Dean has won on Desert Light before and can hopefully putting him back on board will work the trick". "He should get the decent pace he needs with 12 due to go to post and if the gaps appear I am hopeful he will go close if the luck with the gaps is with us" added Derek. It looks a competitive race with the winner of Desert Light's last race Littledodayno reopposing plus two other runners from Derek's yard Bentley and Mind Alert and for those of you who like to back your horse, a small each way interest is the advice in the hope that the gaps appear for Dean. The race is off at 3.40pm and will be shown on Racing UK. Good luck to all shareholders.
And the raceform analysis (3 winners from 3 that I have received from these chaps):
Quite a competitive handicap and difficult to confidently rule any out of the equation. As such it is probably not a race to be getting too involved with. Littledodayno has both her last starts at this C/D and merits obvious respect. This race does look slightly tougher and she has an inexperienced jockey on her back replacing professional riders. This does allow her the 7lb advantage but overall she is not one that we would want to be taking a short price about. Desert Light was behind Littledodayno and we think might be capable of finishing closer in this race. He does tend to need things to fall right and is one of three sent here by the in form Derek Shaw. Bentley has just crept back up a few pounds for a handful of recent efforts and the re-vitalised Mind Alert might be the pick of the three. Hollow Jo and Monashee Prince are both capable of finding races in time but we would like to see a bit more indication in their recent races that a return to form was imminent. Unlimited like Littledodayno has the benefit of a 7lb claimer in Sophie Doyle. The horse does take a strong hold but the young rider has gone close on him before. The pair look capable of getting in the shake up again. The same could be said of Arfinnit, though the latter’s form does have a slightly erratic look. Chatshow has been knocking on the door lately but has a lengthy losing run stretching back to September 2006. Kempsey was also placed last time out but simply does not win often enough (2 from 55) to be backed with confidence even when he is in form. Contented with 1 from 31 and 0-20 on the All Weather falls into a similar category. A difficult race to get too confident about and the tentative choice is Mind Alert to notch his third win of the year.
Good luck, and look out for me on Racing UK :cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.