SunDog's First Million

SunDog

OK, I'm not greedy and I will stop at a million... promise! This is bascially the bets I was doing when I hijacked Changmania's Will Stop At 6 Figures thread, so I'm going to paste those in this post and continue from there. My aim is to try and get somewhere between double and treble my original bank of 100 pts by the end of the season so I can do this one properly next season. The rest of this post is just my previous bets, second post has today's. 18-01-2008, 22:33 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Ok, Changmania, since you haven't been on this thread for a while, I'm gonna hijack it for a bit until you come back and kick me off. Basically my premise is this - I had a bit of a glory hunt going myself, as I mentioned in my earlier posts. It actually did quite nicely for me... best strategy to date, believe it or not. However, with the spending I did over xmas I found myself needing to cash in on my winnings to pay my daughter's school fees. I took the money out of my Bet365 account since it seemed to have the worst odds for the bets I was doing. Anyway, the upshot of it all is my daughter's still being educated and I've got a hundred quid lying in a Bet 365 account that I couldn't be arsed doing much of anything with. So what I'm going to do is have the same kind of glory hunt with it. The rules to this are that there are no rules... I'm going to bet as much or as little as I want to on singles, doubles, trebles... but probably a mixture of the three. Also, it's probably going to be just a weekend thing since I'm going to concentrate on the premier league as the other leagues in England are too unpredictable. Oh - and, of course - the odds are obviously going to be whatever the odds Bet365 give. Anyway, that's the boring bit over with. This weekend's bets are looking like probably 3 singles of Blackburn DNB @ 1.25 Newcastle @ 1.7 Spurs @ 1.44 3 x 5 pts singles, 3 x 2.5pt doubles, 1 x 2.5 pt treble. 19-01-2008, 14:09 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Ok, change of heart this morning. After thinking it over I've put the following bets on from a starting bank of 100 points: 2.5 pts - Chelsea to win by 1 goal @ 5/2 2.5 pts - B'ham/Chelsea draw @ 11/4 4 pts - Spurs @ 4/9 1 pt - Spurs -1 goal @ 6/5 2.5 pts - Newcastle @ 8/11 2.5 pts - over 2.5 goals Newc/Bolton @ 19/20 1.25 pts - Chelsea to win by 1 goal/Spurs (double) 1.25 pts - Chelsea draw/Spurs (double) 1.25 pts - Chelsea by 1 goal/ Newcastle (double) 1.25 pts - Chelsea draw/Newcastle over 2.5 goals (double) 2 pts - Spurs/Newcastle (double) .5 pts - Spurs -1 goal Newcastle over 3 goals (@5/2) (double) 1.25 pts - Chelsea by 1 goal/Spurs/Newcastle (treble) 1.25 pts - Chelsea draw/Spurs/Newcastle (treble) 20-01-2008, 12:02 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Start Bank: 100 pts Staked: 25 pts Return: 23.05 pts Total Bank: 98.05 Profit/Loss: -1.95 Dear oh dear... if Keegan can't inspire Newcastle to beat Bolton on his debut match they really are in trouble... unless it's his tactical nous they hired him for. Anyway, lesson learned - stay away from the Newcastles of this world. Also, there's something wrong with a system where you get 2 out of 3 right but still lose money. I think I see what the problem is and it's why I never really used the Bet365 account for this type of bet. Basically, it works when all the bets are around evens, which I used to get by backiing a team to win by either 1 goal or 2 (both around 13/5) and split the stake. However, Bet 365 only let you back 1 goal or "2 or more" so I'll have to look at other ways of staking. Anyhow, onwards and upwards. I really can't see Everton losing to Wigan today and recent history suggests a tight game between City and West Ham. Therefore, today's bet is 10 pts - Everton DNB @ 8/13 3 pts - City to win by 1 goal @ 11/4 3 pts - City/WH draw @ 23/10 2 pts - Everton DNB/City by 1 goal (double) 2 pts - Everton DNB/City-WH draw (double) 20-01-2008, 19:09 Re: Will stop at 6 figures That's more like it. Although it looks like that City bet was skidding on the seat of its pants a bit. Ok - a return of 36.71 for a 20pt bet means Start Bank: 100 pts Total Bank: 114.78 Profit/Loss: +14.78 22-01-2008, 19:10 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Ok - couldn't find any bets in last night's Liverpool/Villa match but I've found one for tonight. Although they beat Norwich last week, Bury's form has been pretty dire for a while and I like the look of Bradford, who've been doing pretty well, to beat them. However, I'll hedge my bets and back them draw no bet. Oh - and a cheeky 2 pt double with Arsenal to win in extra time... these things do happen. Bet: 9pts - Bradford DNB @10/11 2pts - Bradford DNB @ 10/11; Arsenal to win in Extra time @ 10/1. Double. Yesterday, 14:11 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Hmmm... an 88th minute equaliser makes the Bury/Bradford game a non-runner. As for Spurs/Arsenal... well, if you're gonna get it wrong get it spectacularly wrong - that's what I say. Start Bank: 100 pts Total Bank: 112.78 pts Profit/Loss: + 12.78 pts I hate the FA Cup, it's bad news from a betting perspective. And if they got rid of it you could have another 2 or 3 teams in the Premier League. However, there's one game in the PL today and I reckon I'll back Villa to beat Blackburn DNB. Villa could well have taken the points at Anfield the other night and Blackburn are blowing a bit hot and cold. Might back Chelsea to win by 1 goal later, but we'll see how the Villa bet does first. Bet: 11 pts - Villa DNB @ 4/11 Yesterday, 18:10 Re: Will stop at 6 figures Well, 1-1 means we neither win nor lose. However, I was watching that match and right from the start I was a little concerned for this bet so I guess I can't complain. It's halftime in the Chelsea/Wigan match and I can get Chelsea for 10/11 which seems pretty good to me as they look definitely the better side although Wigan have been no mugs. So... 10 pts: Chelsea @ 10/11

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: SunDog's First Million Start Bank: 100 pts Total Bank: 121.88 pts Profit/Loss: +21.88 pts I was thinking of backing Man U to win 2-1, 3-1 or draw 1-1... but I'm not prepared to throw too much money at this one. Therefore, I'm going to back both teams to score. Bet: 8 pts: Man U/Spurs - both teams to score @ 4/6

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.