Handball : European Championships

Re: Handball : European Championships Really thought Hungary would win that one...:sad Hungary still has a chance of snatching a place in the Olympics ahead of Sweden, France have already won this stage. Maybe Hungary with motivation vs France who will propably rest players could be worth consideration. Edit: I decided to try Hungary @ 2.50 Bet365

Re: Handball : European Championships Slovenia v Denmark Denmark -4.5 @ 1.95 Expekt Denmark are red hot, 30-20 vs Croatia was followed by 36-26 vs Poland, very impressing results and very impressing performances even though the big margins maybe can partly be explained by Croatia and Poland letting go when they realized they were bound to loose. Slovenia won vs Norway yesterday, a good result, but it did not change the fact that Slovenia has a very slim chance of going further in this tournament. Denmark still needs to win, and there's no doubt in my mind that they are the better team in this matchup. I'm not underestimating Slovenia and I am a bit afraid of denmark's habit of messing things up when things get important, but I think that this might be the tournament when Denmark can rise to the occasion. A pretty good odds for this line I think.

Re: Handball : European Championships No bets in the EC for my part. There is too many "ifs" and "whys" for my sake. Being the last match before some teams will continue their action while other is finished, players tend to sacrifice the most to reach their goals. Denmark, as you mentiones G:G, and France would have been my probables tonight though...

Re: Handball : European Championships croatia- norway 1 around 2 is ok 10/10 crotia rested yesterday few important players : balic didnt play whole game, lackovic, kaleb wasnt even on the bench, others tried not to tired. odd on norway is big imo only becouse of the home croud. dont belive in their quality. their big + is only exellent goalkeaper. mometly they are on low level. defeat against slovenia was funny for me altought everybody saw there ans easy home win. they cant repeat bad game as with denmark and they are the best when they have to win and today is that game. all interviews showed on big optimisam. they know that they are better and they will use it. today we will see the best show from croatia till now

Re: Handball : European Championships

Slovenia sits as an outsider in group 1 with 2 pts. so far. In front of them is Poland (3 pts.), Denmark (4 pts.), Croatia (4 pts.) and Norway (5 pts.). There is 2 matches left to play for every team and Slovenia has Norway and Denmark left. Yesterday the did what was needed to take down Montenegro and will use all the power they have left on the last 2 matches. Today they desperately want to win, but when facing host nation Norway the task will be tough. Norway played against Poland last evening, ended 24-24. A very hard game where 4 red cards was dealt out and many questionable situations was probably misjudged by the refs. Anyway, it led to the disqualification of Norways defence boss Johnny Jensen for using his mouth when he should have been quiet, very quiet. He will not play tonight and that is a huge blow for the norwegian defence. Also their goalies was not as good as before. Steinar Ege saved 5 penalties, but had severe problems with Polands hard shooters. Otherwise it seemed that many of the unexperienced players in the host team struggled with keeping it calm when they had to be. Don`t think Slovenia will win it cleanly, but they sure could cover the handicap. Expecting another tight, hard fought game in the EC. Pick: Slovenia +4.5 1.96 @betsson
dj_fish: I agree about the value in odds around evens for Croatia, but at least one guy did not predict easy homewin in the Norway - Slovenia match...check D.M's pick above...

Re: Handball : European Championships Croatia @ 2.00 William Hill Norway lost vs Slovenia yesterday, but they won't miss Jensen today, so Norway's defence will be a lot better. I still fancy Croatia to win though, I think that they will get better and better during this tournament, they have at least one gear left. The quality of Croatia's roster alone is almost enough to always back them at odds around evens, now that Norway looks to be on the way down after a very positive start to the tournament I like this odds even more. A tough match to expect I think, but with Croatia as winners in the end.

Croatia @ 2.00 William Hill Norway lost vs Slovenia yesterday, but they won't miss Jensen today, so Norway's defence will be a lot better. I still fancy Croatia to win though, I think that they will get better and better during this tournament, they have at least one gear left. The quality of Croatia's roster alone is almost enough to always back them at odds around evens, now that Norway looks to be on the way down after a very positive start to the tournament I like this odds even more. A tough match to expect I think, but with Croatia as winners in the end.
Just wanting to share some thoughts on this one. Norway playing at home, and when looking at the refs treatment of the team earlier, if they would get some "help" from them, this would be the game. Also this would be the game for Balic, tonight I predict he will stand up as the world class player he is. Those of his standards have a tendency to do it especially when they must! Norway will have Johnny Jensen back for this one after hi suspension, but yesterday they lost Frank Löke with a knee injury. He has been outstanding in the offence for the norwegians creating goals, penalties and 7 metres for them. He is a major blow for them... Just for the fun of it I will place a small bet on draw, knowing this is going to be big thriller. Pick: Draw, 9.60 @betsson

Re: Handball : European Championships Great one, Mr Marek :ok:clap My evening was good despite that Croatie let me down again: Hungary @ 2.50 >>> 31-28 :) Denmark -4.5 @ 1.95>>> 28-23 :) Croatia>>> 23-23, overrated by me and many others :@

Just wanting to share some thoughts on this one. Norway playing at home, and when looking at the refs treatment of the team earlier, if they would get some "help" from them, this would be the game. Also this would be the game for Balic, tonight I predict he will stand up as the world class player he is. Those of his standards have a tendency to do it especially when they must! Norway will have Johnny Jensen back for this one after hi suspension, but yesterday they lost Frank Löke with a knee injury. He has been outstanding in the offence for the norwegians creating goals, penalties and 7 metres for them. He is a major blow for them... Just for the fun of it I will place a small bet on draw, knowing this is going to be big thriller. Pick: Draw, 9.60 @betsson
Just adding as my resurrection finally is complete... That bet is mine!;)

Saturday 26 January 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Norway v Sweden (12:00GMT) 23/2538/57/4100% Details »
Hide « Norway v Sweden
Croatia v France (14:30GMT) 3/19/149/100102% Details »
Hide « Croatia v France
Denmark v Germany (17:00GMT) 8/1137/52/1103% Details »
Norway - Sweden concerns 5th or 6th place, the other two matches are the Semifinals. Denmark -1.5 @ 1.94 Pinnacle I see Denmark as pretty strong favourites in this semifinal, Denmark imo the team that has impressed the most and shows a rising form for every match. Germany are, as always solid, but I'm not vere impressed by their performances so far, they won 31-29 vs Sweden in the end, but that match could easily have gone the other way, Sweden missed two 100% goalchances and only scored from 2/5 penalty shots, I'm confident that Denmark will be more efficient. 1.5 is not a high hcp line in Handball, and maybe even more so in a semi, if Gremany are down with one towards the end of the match they will take chances, thereby giving Denmark a opportunities to add a goal to the winning margin, but I don't think this match will be that close, Denmark to grab a win with a solid margin my prediction.

Denmark -1.5 @ 1.94 Pinnacle I see Denmark as pretty strong favourites in this semifinal, Denmark imo the team that has impressed the most and shows a rising form for every match. Germany are, as always solid, but I'm not vere impressed by their performances so far, they won 31-29 vs Sweden in the end, but that match could easily have gone the other way, Sweden missed two 100% goalchances and only scored from 2/5 penalty shots, I'm confident that Denmark will be more efficient. 1.5 is not a high hcp line in Handball, and maybe even more so in a semi, if Gremany are down with one towards the end of the match they will take chances, thereby giving Denmark a opportunities to add a goal to the winning margin, but I don't think this match will be that close, Denmark to grab a win with a solid margin my prediction.
This looks very good in my eyes to. Just to add some info based on recent happenings. Germany needed to call up Frank Von Behren from GWD Minden. Their key defender Oliver Roggisch is out injured and severe questionmarks is set about playmaker Michael Kraus also. After last match he was sent to an x-ray to get a check on his bruised arm. At this point I can not tell the result of it though. And just to make it even the route they was suppose to drive to Lillehammer, was closed because of bad weather. The late arrival might result in a cancelled training session before the important semi tomorrow. Well, the guys are professional enough, but at least for Van Behrens sake this session would mean a lot. There is definetly value in G:Gs bet. The only ones who can stop it is Denmark themself. I also see alot of goals in this one. Both teams uses the counter as much as possible and play with very high tempo. Their goalies have also been very good, especially Casper Hvidt in the danish side, but he has had a great defence in front of him all the way. Now many things is at stake and I expect some "fall-back" tomorrow. That and the loss of the most important defensive player in the german side, this one easily can pass the over/under line. Pick: Over 54.5 goals, 1.95 @betsson