Hide « Denmark v Norway
Slovenia v Czech Republic (18:15GMT) 1/212/15/2103% Details »
Hide « Slovenia v Czech Republic
Spain v Hungary (19:15GMT) 1/517/18/1100% Details »
Hide « Spain v Hungary
Croatia v Poland (20:15GMT) 19/2012/17/5101% Details »
Hide « Croatia v Poland
Iceland v Sweden (20:15GMT) 31/2021/217/20102% Details »

Re: Handball : European Championships, Day 1, 17/1 Poland +1.5 @ 1.72 Stan James Poland must surely be underrated here: Croatia without Zrnic, Baljic and Djomba, Baljic a huge blow imo, and it's not like Poland would be without a chance vs Croatia with full squad, I was impressed by Poland's performance when they beat sweden recently. Croatia still favourites, but their missing players change make this match pretty even the way I see it.

Re: Handball : European Championships, Day 1, 17/1

u dont say baljic' date=' u say balic and he is not gone already. he might play, questionable, latest info:ok, he went on EC[/quote'] Thanks for info, from what I've heard he will be out the first match, then be available, we'll see, I still like this bet :)

Re: Handball : European Championships, Day 1, 17/1 As usual Croatian friends overrated their squad. "Bigger margin", not for sure. I think Croatia is in downtrend with tired and injured big weapons. For Croatia, Peking is big target and EC is chance for young players' test.

As usual Croatian friends overrated their squad. "Bigger margin"' date=' not for sure. I think Croatia is in downtrend with tired and injured big weapons. For Croatia, Peking is big target and EC is chance for young players' test.[/quote'] u must be joking! young players? overrated? no, realistic, this EC they will be weaker but and without dzomba croatia can be dangerous becouse there are good substitutions. they can go far and have capacity for that too

u must be joking! young players? overrated? no, realistic, this EC they will be weaker but and without dzomba croatia can be dangerous becouse there are good substitutions. they can go far and have capacity for that too
I take Croatia with -1.5.

G:G what can you tell about Sweden team?Tomorrow your team play with Iceland.
Well, I think Sweden are stronger now than the last couple of years, new players have adjusted and got more routine, Sweden can give any team a run for it, and should win vs Iceland imo. I'm not totally confident in a Sweden win though, Iceland's a tough opponant, Sweden must play close to 100 % to win. Expekt and Nordicbet offer Sweden @ 1.85, which is ok but nor much more, I will try it with medium stake. I also fancy Denmark @ 2.33 Nordicbet I think that the bookies overrate Norway for two reasons: The homeadvantage and that Norway won the last h2h, 31-23 in a friendly a short while ago. I still rank Denmark as the better team, I think Denmark have a roster good enough to get a medal in this Championship, Norway are not at that level just yet. I give Denmark at least a 50% chance in this match, so 2.33 looks good.

Well' date=' I think Sweden are stronger now than the last couple of years, new players have adjusted and got more routine, Sweden can give any team a run for it, and should win vs Iceland imo. I'm not totally confident in a Sweden win though, Iceland's a tough opponant, Sweden must play close to 100 % to win. Expekt and Nordicbet offer [b']Sweden @ 1.85, which is ok but nor much more, I will try it with medium stake. I also fancy Denmark @ 2.33 Nordicbet I think that the bookies overrate Norway for two reasons: The homeadvantage and that Norway won the last h2h, 31-23 in a friendly a short while ago. I still rank Denmark as the better team, I think Denmark have a roster good enough to get a medal in this Championship, Norway are not at that level just yet. I give Denmark at least a 50% chance in this match, so 2.33 looks good.
Thanks G:G

Please add some reasoning,mate :ok (Not that my lame reasoning for these matches will go down in history, but its something) :tongue2
How I remember all time Croatia team play well;)

It was a close match for a long time, but Croatia the better team in the end. Denmark lost 26-27, Sweden won 24-19. 1/3, a bad start, but the tournament's long.
close match but croatia controled every minute of it. and without dzomba they have massive power. they can go far still:ok first game are hardest to predict, lets hope it will be better

Friday 18 January 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on event. however they do not take account commissions that may be charged.>BPP
Hungary v Germany (17:15GMT) 4/112/11/3103% Details »
Hide « Hungary v Germany
Czech Republic v Croatia (18:15GMT) 11/117/11/10105% Details »
Hide « Czech Republic v Croatia
Norway v Russia (18:15GMT) 4/1112/17/2103% Details »
Hide « Norway v Russia
Montenegro v Denmark (20:15GMT) 7/114/13/1096% Details »
Hide « Montenegro v Denmark
Poland v Slovenia (20:15GMT) 4/1112/117/5104% Details »

Re: Handball : European Championships Norway v Russia u. 56.5 @ 1.91 Pinnacle I was very impressed by Norway's performance vs Denmark, especially the defence was rock solid, they kept Denmark's rather powerful attackers in control, Denmark only manageg to score 26 goals. Russia was lame when they got 25-25 vs Montenegro, slow and tired the words I would use, I totally overrated them but won't do it again. Norway will keep playing a very agressive defence, Russia will struggle bad imo, under this line should really work.

Re: Handball : European Championships Croatia @ 1.80 Ladbrokes I think Ladbrokes got this match a bit wrong, Croatia imo strong favourites in this match, they have a roster packed with world class players, Denmark's a top quality team too, but they haven't impressed so far and should not be able to get something from this match. If Denmark can shape up a notch or two this will be a close match, but Croatia's strength will decide in the end. Germany -4.5 @ 2.05 Expekt Sure, Germany lost big to Spain, but they will bounce back vs Iceland, who lost 21-30 to France and 19-24 to Sweden. from what i've seen Iceland have been lame and lacked the spirit from past championships, their atatcking is heavily depending on Sigurdson and Peterson, they haven't really reached their normal level, Sweden and France were able to keep them in control, so will Germany imo. I give germany about 53-55 % to cover this line.

Re: Handball : European Championships

Croatia @ 1.80 Ladbrokes I think Ladbrokes got this match a bit wrong, Croatia imo strong favourites in this match, they have a roster packed with world class players, Denmark's a top quality team too, but they haven't impressed so far and should not be able to get something from this match. If Denmark can shape up a notch or two this will be a close match, but Croatia's strength will decide in the end.
Croatia had one extra day of rest (they didn't need to travel) and cpt Metličić said: "We always beat the Danes in the early stages of the competitions and lose when we play for medals, so we should try to eliminate them now." One big plus on the Croatian side is the activation of Davor Dominiković, although I'm not sure he will play, but if he will, it would be a massive gain for the defense. Also, Metličić could be rested for 10 mins or so, without any consequences on the defensive end. Odds for Croatia win in Croatia are 1.60-1.70. GL I also think that the French will beat the Spaniards. :hope

Re: Handball : European Championships Croatia @ 1.80 Ladbrokes >>> Denmark won 30-20, now that was a shocker :\ Germany -4.5 @ 2.05 Expekt >>> 35-27 :) Hungary -2 @ 1.81 Pinnacle Hungary got a draw vs Sweden, a pretty strange match, Hungary were up 16-14 at halftime, then Sweden scored turned things around and were up with four goals and just a few minutes left, but Hungary pulled themselves together and were very close to win, but Sweden got the equalzer very late. Iceland lost 35-27 vs Germany, they managed to keep up well in to 2nd half, but then the difference in class showed and Iceland proved to weak once again. I'll go against Iceland for the third time this tournament, imo Hungary are clear favourites, I've seen both teams play vs Sweden, I feel very confident in backing Hungary with this pretty low line.

Hungary -2 @ 1.81 Pinnacle Hungary got a draw vs Sweden, a pretty strange match, Hungary were up 16-14 at halftime, then Sweden scored turned things around and were up with four goals and just a few minutes left, but Hungary pulled themselves together and were very close to win, but Sweden got the equalzer very late. Iceland lost 35-27 vs Germany, they managed to keep up well in to 2nd half, but then the difference in class showed and Iceland proved to weak once again. I'll go against Iceland for the third time this tournament, imo Hungary are clear favourites, I've seen both teams play vs Sweden, I feel very confident in backing Hungary with this pretty low line.
I do follow you on Hungary tonight. Motivation lies on them while Iceland has no chance of making a further impact for their sake. With 0 pts. there is no hope reaching a qualificaton for the next olympics either. Reports also says that motivation is very low in the squad when knowing there is not much they can do. Hungary has got a great chance to get some pts chasing the semi-final spot. A line of -3/-4 could also be of value if its found, seriously thinking Iceland would not bother making this a close one.

Re: Handball : European Championships Slovenia sits as an outsider in group 1 with 2 pts. so far. In front of them is Poland (3 pts.), Denmark (4 pts.), Croatia (4 pts.) and Norway (5 pts.). There is 2 matches left to play for every team and Slovenia has Norway and Denmark left. Yesterday the did what was needed to take down Montenegro and will use all the power they have left on the last 2 matches. Today they desperately want to win, but when facing host nation Norway the task will be tough. Norway played against Poland last evening, ended 24-24. A very hard game where 4 red cards was dealt out and many questionable situations was probably misjudged by the refs. Anyway, it led to the disqualification of Norways defence boss Johnny Jensen for using his mouth when he should have been quiet, very quiet. He will not play tonight and that is a huge blow for the norwegian defence. Also their goalies was not as good as before. Steinar Ege saved 5 penalties, but had severe problems with Polands hard shooters. Otherwise it seemed that many of the unexperienced players in the host team struggled with keeping it calm when they had to be. Don`t think Slovenia will win it cleanly, but they sure could cover the handicap. Expecting another tight, hard fought game in the EC. Pick: Slovenia +4.5 1.96 @betsson

Re: Handball : European Championships After being thrashed by Denmark yesterday Croatia need to make an impact tonight. Losing by 10 goals might be severe in this close EC where goal difference might be the key for getting through or not. They have many star players with Balic, Laskovic and Metlicich as the most important ones. Yesterday, they gave up knowing that Denmark could not be reached. A choice which could be crucial for their continuation i EC. They need a big win today, in a group which is very open with 2 matches to come. Montenegro is lost in the bottom with 0 pts. and has only their own agenda to play for. They tried hard yesterday against Slovenia, but it was not enough. Many experts has said that Croatia is not the same team as before, but the tradition in reaching far in big championships they always has had. They still have a very good chance reching the semis, but they need to correct their mistake yesterday. That being said, Denmark was brilliant throughout the whole game. Still knowing that these two nations have not the best of relationships I expect Croatia to go out in full force to fix their goal difference and win at the same time. I do think they will cover the handicap and Balic (maybe the worlds best playmaker) wants to get to the semis. Pick: Croatia -5.5 1.72 @betsson

Re: Handball : European Championships Spain is one of the teams that has not gotten the greatest of attention in this EC. They are by far one of the title contenders with big players like Entrerrios and Iker Romero which really could destroy any team if they are in the right shape. The team started slow, but has sure gotten their speed up lately. Yesterday they faced France, which is counted as favourites, and lost 28-27. A match they easily could have won. They sit in 5th plce with only 2 pts, but have Sweden and Iceland left. This is a must-win game for them if they will have any hope of reaching the semis. There is no doubt that they have the quality needed in the team. Sweden on the other side have played both good and not so good matches so far. They drawed 27-27 against Hungary yesterday, a match they probably should have won knowing that Spain and Germany are the next teams the face. They have been through a shift in generation, only goalie Tomas Svensson is left from the team which was superb in th 90ies. They are sorely dependent on getting good games from Kim Andersson, Markus Alm and Tomas Svensson. If they struggle the team seems to struggle. They are in the fight for semis too, but as their coach Linnèll said, they have reached their goal when playing in the middle stage. Today Spain must win and with their growing form they do it and cover the handicap.. Pick: Spain -2.5 1.85 @betsson

They are in the fight for semis too, but as their coach Linnèll said, they have reached their goal when playing in the middle stage. Today Spain must win and with their growing form they do it and cover the handicap.. Pick: Spain -2.5 1.85 @betsson
Hmmm... Sweden aim for a place in the Olympics, so plenty of motivation left. I'm biased of course, but that odds does not look very tempting to me, Spain are rightful favourites, but Sweden might very well pull something out of their sleeves in this one. GL with the other bets though :)