Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan 2.20 FOLKESTONE-RED JESTER 1PT LAY Ran a good 2nd lto and this shorter distance should suit but i just feel the ground may well be to soft .The fact it is btm weight in a poor race will be supported and likely go off fav or 2nd fav but i think with a few in the field that have bits and pieces of form on the soft i think it could well struggle to win today.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan My bet of the day is:MUTTLEY MAGUIRE,3.20 FOLKESTONE 0.5 E/W. The selection is a C/D winner and will relish the trip.There are stamina doubts with a number of the other runners.Trainer R.Rowe has a fine record here with 32 of 78 runners winning or being placed.So why is the tip likely to be 8/1 or bigger............BECAUSE IT HAS NOT RUN FOR OVER 2 YEARS!!!..The trainer can get them fit for a first outing and J.Tizzard travels to Folkestone for his only ride.:ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Southwell 16:00 - Sweet Pickle WIN @ 2/1 Well, It's a good horse, on good form, no problem with the ground whatsoever, beated LTO but I think with sanders on board, it will change pace when needed and kick to the line! :)

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Folkestone 14:20 RED JESTER Getting 2-stone from the forecast favourite, I'll be amazed if there's 2-stone difference between these horses. Ran creditably last time out over a distance which possibly didn't suit, leaving horses behind him with bigger reputations. The drop back in trip should do the trick here. In a pretty dire contest it's hard to see past this. :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Folkestone 120 ; Souriceau 1pt win Very poor card at Folkestone and anything could win most of the races, one that does look the banker on the card is Souriceau in the first race, only needs to reproduce his Lingfiled third to collect here and could improve has he won on Heavy ground in France. Will be very short but cant fancy anything else to be honest.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Southwell 1.30 - Silver Hotspur 1 pt win

very hard to dismiss the chances of Silver Hotspur here, comes into this having 4th run this time in, last start came through winning a very strong form race defeating Cape Of Storms with good margins to 3rd indicating good depth in the formlines, well bred by Royal Applause out of a Distant View mare who is half sister to the French 1000 Guineas winner Houseproud, into a very weak race here and looks set to make it two on end in this company.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Shali San. 3.50 Folkestone. LAY (3.65 currently Betfair) French form to suggest he can mix it with these, but I feel there are potentially better horses in the race at this stage, therefore he may find it a bit tough for today. Should improve though and no surprise if he turns out the best of these, but for today I feel one or two at least will be too good for him.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan my best bet of the day would be gayanula each way 330 southwell. cannot see much difference in form with her and two much shorter priced favourites. wooried about surface but price compensate this at 11-1 betfair. four no hopers in race of eight runners. every chance in four runner race at 11-1 is very good value.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan 2.10 Northern Empire You may remember me siding with this one two starts back at Southwell when winning over 5 furlongs. From his form last season he should be going in again today, still on a nice weight in this company and Kev Ryan has his team in good form on the a/l with a nice winner yesterday. Has a good draw today and has the beating of a few of these on that ran 2 starts back.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Kemp 2.40 Autumn Blades 1pt win. There are a few newcomers in this so there is a bit of an unknown factor but on the form book so far it looks a fight between this one and Steele Tango and I favour this one. LTO was a poor run and it was reported to have hung both ways but the two starts before that suggest it is well up to taking this. First up at the track when 50/1 it was a decent fourth on debut to a horse who was contesting Group 3s by the end of the season. On its next start it was fourth in what I think was a good race at Warwick. The second won by miles next time in a similar race to this and the third was considered good enough to take its place in the Dewhurst. The few the trainer has had out so far this year have been running well.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Guadaloup 1.30 Southwell. 0.5 pts E/W. Folkestone abandoned then, and this would be my next best bet if looking through the cards at value. More consistent than most in the race, and has the form to go well. Acts on the surface and over the trip, so with stable in decent form too, it's hard to not be attracted to the 11/1 currently on offer.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan Zaffeu 3.00 Southwell. LAY. won last time and needs his best game to win again today. several others better weighted and have chances too, and although they're mainly not in better recent form than the favourite, they can still muster up enough to go well, so with Zaffeu trading around 5/2, I think he's a lay.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Tue 15th Jan

Southwell 16:00 - Sweet Pickle WIN @ 2/1 Well, It's a good horse, on good form, no problem with the ground whatsoever, beated LTO but I think with sanders on board, it will change pace when needed and kick to the line! :)
Another one beaten in the line ... :wall