Travel Arrangements

gavham

Looking for some advice here, this year i am planning on playing a lot of live tourneys which means i will be away from home a lot. So to cut down on the amount of time im away i thought if i go out a tourney early i would just come home My question is this if for talking sake i am going to a tourney that runs from Thu - Sun i need to book flights for wed and mon, and hotel 5 nights so if i went out on the first day (thu) i have to wait until mon to come home. What are the best ways around this so i could come home on say Fri? I know there must be an easier answer than forfeiting the money for the flight and hotel.

Re: Travel Arrangements Flights - the only way around the problem is to book fully flexible tickets. These are tickets where if you don't show up for the flight then you can reclaim the whole amount you have paid. The downside is they are very much more expensive that normal air tickets. Hotels - it depends on the hotel's cancellation policy, you will find many hotels will let you book for say 4 nights but allow you to leave early without extra charge. The downside again is that they charge far more per night for this privilege.