Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5

happyhornet

This situation is from the 50 Up final tonight. We are 6 minutes in, I have no read on anyone. 15.00/30.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 06 January 2008 21:36:01 50 Up Club (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: chopster530 (1050.00) Seat 2: Szalu75 (960.00) Seat 3: Neighbour (910.00) Seat 4: niddron (1030.00) Seat 5: robcfc (960.00) Seat 6: macca (970.00) Seat 7: TigerTrees (1140.00) Seat 8: thehornet1 (1010.00) Seat 9: The boy 10 (970.00) Seat 10: pete77 (740.00) The boy 10 post SB 15.00 pete77 post BB 30.00 ** Deal ** chopster530 [N/A, N/A] Szalu75 [N/A, N/A] Neighbour [N/A, N/A] niddron [N/A, N/A] robcfc [N/A, N/A] macca [N/A, N/A] TigerTrees [N/A, N/A] thehornet1 [Js, 10d] The boy 10 [N/A, N/A] pete77 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** chopster530 Call 30.00 Szalu75 Fold Neighbour Fold niddron Fold robcfc Fold macca Fold TigerTrees Fold thehornet1 Call 30.00 The boy 10 Fold pete77 Check *** Flop(Board): *** : [7s, Jd, 6d] *** Bet Round 2 *** pete77 Check chopster530 Check thehornet1 Bet 90.00 pete77 Fold chopster530 Call 90.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [7s, Jd, 6d, 10h] *** Bet Round 3 *** chopster530 Check thehornet1 Bet 270.00 chopster530 Call 270.00 *** River(Board): *** : [7s, Jd, 6d, 10h, 7d] *** Bet Round 4 *** chopster530 All-in 660.00 Feel free to criticise my play up to this point, but I felt I was ahead of a drawing hand all the way through. What should I do now?

Re: Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5 Definite fold, I would say he,s either hit his flush or made trips on the river. Still very early on in the tourney to wait for a better spot. Also probably would,nt of called post flop from late position either bet or fold.

Re: Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5 Well with J10 you really want to hit the flop hard i.e KQ 89 or 2 pair. Even though you hit top pair any kind of drawing hand is going to call or raise behind and obviously fold without any kind of hand. You decide to bet out which I don't mind, but with another person behind I would have checked and folded to any bet.(pretty tight eh?) You elect to bet and the turn brings you 2 pair he checks and you correctly make a nice size bet. When he calls obviously alarm bells start ringing and when a 7d comes on the river and he pushes allin it's now a very easy fold as he could have made his flush or hit trips, he definitely has 1 of the 2.

Re: Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5 totally read dependent if you don't have any reads fold.. I don't think he has a 7. It doesn't make sense to call the turn with 7 even for the fish.. He might have a higher limped Jack than you which you are beating but if he's not passive he would have raised on that scary flop.. He could have pocket 6s which totally makes sense.. Again if he's a fish he could have 83 of diamonds.. Just can't put him on a hand so I think you should make a big fold here..

Re: Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5 You should fold agreed, before that I would have played similar to you most of the way. The pre-flop limp is sign of a Pocket Pair or Suited Cards. So may be pushing the full house hoping you've hit the flush - but you have to fold - if he's bluffed you then it doesn't matter, you still have time to build back up.

Re: Hornet's Strategy Questions. Part 5

chopster530 All-in 660.00 Feel free to criticise my play up to this point, but I felt I was ahead of a drawing hand all the way through. What should I do now?
Fold, he has made 2 check calls - and then shoves the river, whatever he was drawing to he has probably hit it. Damo