Local Knowledge

western skies

The more astute amoungst you (and the less discerning if you read all my posts! :loon) might have noticed by now that I'm a Chelsea fan, currently exiled in Bristol. The idea behind this particular Glory Hunt is to take advantage of that fact - the being in Bristol bit, not the Chelsea fan bit. I've noticed that I do pretty well betting on the Bristol clubs and that obviously must have something to with living in the area, being exposed to the local tv/papers, and for my sins knowing quite a lot of City and Rovers fans. I'd go as far as to say I know more about the Bristol teams than I do about most of the clubs in the Premiership and the way I see it that's got to be an advantage when betting on them. So, let's find out if I'm right:- 100 pt starting bank 5pts staked per bet There won't be any reasoning for these picks (other than that above) but they will be based on my hopefully subjective knowledge of both clubs. All Bets will be placed with BetFair, prices correct at time of posting & I will assume 5% commission paid on any returns. BET 1 - 22/12/07 Championship Bristol City v Burnley - Home Win - 1.94 BET 2 - 22/12/07 League One Leeds Utd v Bristol Rovers - Home Win - 1.45 :hope

Re: Local Knowledge Couple of late goals (very late in City's case) gets the Glory Hunt off to a positive start. :ok BET 1 - 22/12/07 Championship Bristol City v Burnley - Home Win - 1.94 - WON +4.46 :nana BET 2 - 22/12/07 League One Leeds Utd v Bristol Rovers - Home Win - 1.45 - WON +2.14 :nana START BANK: 100 pts BETS: 2 WON: 2 STRIKE RATE: 100% STAKED: 10 pts PROFIT: 6.60 pts CURRENT BANK: 106.60 pts YIELD: 66.0%

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.