Message To Info Man

Message To Info Man. First may I welcome you to our family. Now where do I start. Anyone can call themselves a professional gambler, I myself make money at the game but not consistent enough, or put enough money on to call myself one. Yet! I started in a similar vein of thought to yours on a similar site, critercising people for doing things differently to my way and aggravating them. I do not think it is what you are saying that is the problem but the way you are saying it. Everyone else idiots and you are Mr. Know all. Please put reasons to your views / tips and put them on one thread so it is easier for people to judge. They told me on this other site to put up or shut up, which I did. Despite showing a good profit I was eventually banned, for trying to tell them how to run their site which I now regret. They had a Pro bets section where I put a 13/2 ante-post bet up because I thought it had a 4/1 chance of winning. They took it out of that section and put it into the fun bets. Because pro bets were ones you should be able to mortgage your house on (so they thought anyway). I argued and thrown off the site. The bet was Sakhees Secret for the July Cup. In my absence, they changed the rules of that section. PL is an altogether more accommodating site for differing views but please be careful not to ruffle too many feathers otherwise nobody will listen. If you want to have a look at the way I bet / tips Info man and tell me what you think then please feel free to do so. We can all learn from each other. I see you criticized people for backing Voy Por Ustudes on Saturday but did not give a tip. Well surely if Alan Kings horse was such a bad value bet, then there must be one or more horses in the race that are good value bets? I agreed with you on Voy Por, making it a 34% 15/8 chance to win, very poor value at around 5/4 (44%), but because of that I made three others value including the winner. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong horse for my main bet. Why not give reasons why the horse is a poor bet? The way I did in my Gingers Jumpers thread? Just because we made VPU a bad bet and it lost does not mean it was a bad bet. If people who backed the horse believed it had a better than 44% 5/4 (or 50% for evens) chance then they were right to back it. I note your given tips are without a price for the horse (either a price you are looking to beat or the price available at time of writing etc). You make no mention of value (in table of odds and chances terms) anywhere. What price should people take? What price are you expecting? Make no mistake, NO professional gambler backs a horse AT ANY PRICE. Just because it is the one they fancy does not mean it is a good bet. Anyone calling himself Pro Gambler who does not take VALUE in to consideration is NOT a professional. At least one probably doomed to failure. I sometimes back the one I believe has the worst chance of winning, if I think it is VALUE to win. It seems from the way you bet that you do not take every horse in to consideration for betting purposes, just the ones who fit in with your strategy / thinking. In fact any horse, in any race whether it fits in to any strategy or not, SHOULD be backed if considered VALUE. Any horse, whether in a strategy or not should NOT be backed if considered POOR value. Just because odds on horses run poorly or big priced horses win does not mean the game is bent. Anyone who understands the table of odds and chances knows this. You say horses are often not trying, well for all our benefits if you have evidence of this GO TO THE AUTHORITIES. There might be the occasional non-tryer around the gaffs but the vast majority of races are 100% straight. With John Dunlop, horses are not thrashed to win on debut (any horse should have an enjoyable first run) but I cannot see where you get non-tryers from. Many stable staff like people to think the game is bent because then they are the centre of attention (though they do a tremendous job for little pay). I am going on a stable visit to Emma Lavelle’s on Wednesday and will keep my eyes and ears open for information. However, if stable lads knew so much then why do Ladbrokes have a shop in the centre of Lambourn? May be I have misjudged you Info Man, please expand on the way you bet. Do you buy form books? How do you study form? I see you believe you have a great knowledge of racing. Have you ever put that to the test? Once a year the West Berkshire Racing Club organise a racing quiz. Where our four person team, (including myself (though not the star player)) take on those from The Racing Post, Wetherbys, Raceform, Freelance 4, Trainers, Jockeys and many more. Fancy getting a team together for 22nd Jan Info Man? Those that take part or have taken part include: Mike Cattermole, Tanya Stevenson, Geoff Lester, Graham Dench, Alan King, Andrew Balding, Richard Phillips, Andrew Thornton and many more. Hope you do not mind my critercisms but I am sure you can take it as well as give it. As you can see I also have a big head when it comes to racing, but now try to be more tolerant of other peoples views even if I might know or think they are wrong. The apology is an excellent first step, well done. The people on PL will judge you fairly. As I say, take a good look at my threads Info Man and tell me what you think. I enjoy a good discussion / argument and although I am currently skeptical of your claims, I look forward to hearing more of your views and bets, and perhaps changing my opinion. I will not offer you good luck Info Man as I do not believe in it. Ginge

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.