UEFA Cup 6th December

Uefa Cup preview: Crvena Zvezda – Bolton (Source: Goal.com) Premier League strugglers Bolton Wanderers travel to Serbia to take on Crvena Zvezda on Matchday 4 of Uefa Cup Group F. Defeat Not An Option For Bolton This is Bolton’s final Group F match, and they know that qualification will almost certainly swing on the result of Thursday’s game in Belgrade. In Europe it’s often a case of a club’s home form and away form differing hugely. What’s unusual for Bolton thus far is that it is away from the Reebok stadium that their greatest Uefa Cup feat was achieved. 1-1 draws at home to Braga and Aris are hardly the stuff of legend, but the Trotters’ 2-2 draw in Munich against the mighty Bayern was rightly heralded as the greatest European night in their history. While another draw – putting Wanderers on 4 points – might be enough to make the knock-out stages, defeat in Serbia would certainly see Gary Megson’s side crash out. Munich’s Allianz Arena may have been intimidating due to the stature of the opposition, but the Trotters will face true hostility at Stadion Crvena Zvezda on Thursday night. If Bolton want to remain in the Uefa Cup, replicating the performance that saw them hammered 4-0 at the weekend by Liverpool is not an option. Crvena Zvezda In Need Of A Win Crvena Zvezda (better known internationally as Red Star Belgrade) are not the European heavyweights that they once were, but Aleksandar Janković’s side remain a team nobody relishes facing. Two games into their Group F campaign, the 1991 European Champions have yet to pick up a single point. A last gasp goal from youngster Toni Kroos saw Bayern sneak all three points in an entertaining 3-2 win at the Stadion Crvena Zvezda on Matchday 1. If the Serbians were unlucky then, they were spineless on Matchday 2. Slumping to a 3-0 defeat away to Aris, coach Milorad Kosanović tendered his resignation. With two group games remaining, the Serbian champions still harbour hopes of progressing to the knock-out stages, but a defeat at home to Bolton on Thursday is not an option. The omens are good, however – in seven games they’ve yet to lose to an English side on home soil. PLAYERS TO WATCH Crvena Zvezda – João Lucas The Portuguese surprised many by opting to leave Boavista for Serbia in the summer. The midfielder has attracted attention from the likes of Benfica, Tottenham and Sevilla in the past, and his aggressive nature will be important against this physical Bolton side. Bolton – Nicolas Anelka Bolton will almost certainly need a goal to get anything from this game, and recent results show there’s only one man they can rely on. Wanderers have only scored 20 goals in all competitions this season, with the Frenchman coming up with eight of them. Megson’s side will look to utilise Anelka’s pace on the counter attack. PREDICTION Bolton are low on confidence, and while Crvena Zvezda are still finding their feet under new coach Janković, home advantage should see them prevail. Crvena Zvezda 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Last match starting lineup( http://www.crvenazvezdafk.com/en/index.aspx ): Red Star: Randjelovic – Basta, Djordjevic, Tutoric, Bronowicki – Segundo Castillo, Milijas – Molina (61’ Milovanovic), Burzanovic, Koroman – Jestrovic (68’ Betoligar) A number of regular players, like Lucas, Gueye, Andjelkovic,…,have missed the last league match!The new addition to the squad is powerful African player Misdongard Betoligar who was also linking with French sides PSG and FC Lille!Red Star are also boosted by the return of captain Dejan Milovanovic who missed both opening UEFA Cup matches.He’s in good form at the moment, with two cracking goals in the last three matches!Forward Nenad Jestrovic(4 goals in last 3 matches) is also getting better under new coach Jankovic! The likes of Segundo Castillo and Lucas are a very aggressive players who’re making lots of pressure in the middle of the park, so I guess we’re gonna see a big battle in this clash! The match will be broadcasted live on DSF!

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Bolton Wanderers News: Bolton manager Gary Megson has left six key players at home for Thursday's Uefa Cup match against Red Star Belgrade. Nicolas Anelka, Kevin Davies, Kevin Nolan, Andy O'Brien, Ricardo Gardner and Jussi Jaaskelainen did not travel with the rest of the squad. Ivan Campo will sit out the match as he was not registered in time. http://www.b92.net/sport/komentari.php?nav_id=275239 http://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2007&mm=12&dd=05&nav_id=275239 The Bayern Munchen game wasn't sold out, so this one is also unlikely, but there should be around 40'000 fans! ulazniceT.jpg

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December

Bolton Wanderers News: Bolton manager Gary Megson has left six key players at home for Thursday's Uefa Cup match against Red Star Belgrade. Nicolas Anelka, Kevin Davies, Kevin Nolan, Andy O'Brien, Ricardo Gardner and Jussi Jaaskelainen did not travel with the rest of the squad. Ivan Campo will sit out the match as he was not registered in time. http://www.b92.net/sport/komentari.php?nav_id=275239 http://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2007&mm=12&dd=05&nav_id=275239 The Bayern Munchen game wasn't sold out, so this one is also unlikely, but there should be around 40'000 fans! ulazniceT.jpg
Nice write up Kojic, thanks. When a Manager cannot use one player and still leaves out another six 1st team regulars, I guess he's really sending a message... ...Lucas is indeed an interesting player who strangely enough never made it to one of the Big Clubs in Portugal (even though he played for one of the best teams in the country, Boavista but still not a top 3 club). Maybe now, playing abroad, he starts drawing more attention (which sometimes happens...)... Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December My picks for tomorrow in the UEFA Cup: Bordeaux-Helsinborg The French are doing well in the home league while Helsinborg finished middle of the table in their league which was over in late October (this should affect them). Both Bordeaux and Helsinborg have 7 overs in their last 10 games. My pick: >2.5; Aris-Braga Aris are 5th in the Greek league with a 2-2-1 record, scoring 5 goals and allowing 3 so far. In the UEFA Cup they beat Red Star 3-0 at home in early November and tied away to Bolton recently. Braga has improved a bit under new coach Manuel Machado with 2 wins (3-0 against Sporting and 2-1 last weekend over Maritimo) and 2 draws (at home against Bayern and away to Leiria). Braga has a quality roster, they can play with 11 quality players and still have a few on the bench ready to come in if needed (which some teams don't and this sometimes makes a difference). After drawing away to Bolton and at home to Bayern, Braga needs at least a point from this game. It should be very difficult but I think they can do it. My pick: away +0.5AH (Asian Handicap) Red Star-Bolton Red Star doesn't seem to have any important missings and have a 5-3-2 record in their last 10 games overall. Bolton will miss seven 1st team regulars (6 of which the manager decided to rest...) and has only one win in their last 10 games (at home against Man. United). Red Star will try to get their first 3 points here in order to keep their hopes of qualifying o the next stage alive while Bolton doesn't seem to care much about this game. My pick: home 0/-0.5AH; Good luck! JC

Maybe now' date=' playing abroad, he starts drawing more attention (which sometimes happens...)...[/quote'] Well, Lucas was certainly one of the best Red Star players this season, alongside Koroman and maybe Milijas and Mauricio Molina(some very impressive stuffs by him), so I have no doubts he'll make a good transfer at the end! If there's anything positive at Red Star nowadays, then it has to be a transfer politic :\ as most of the players always make moves to a good european clubs!Even now, Ecuador star Segundo Castillo, according to some sources, has already signed a four-year contract with Juventus and will join them in the summer!Milovanovic was heavily linked with Valencia, but Red Star turned the offer down this summer after a huge sale over the past 12 months!

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December During the Bolton's trainning in Belgrade,it's been a fight between Gary Speed and Abdoulaye Meite.After Speed started careless, first was verbal,than Speed kick Meite,Meite try to hit back with a fist,but other players stopped them.Few minutes later,trainning continued.

During the Bolton's trainning in Belgrade' date=it's been a fight between Gary Speed and Abdoulaye Meite.After Speed started careless, first was verbal,than Speed kick Meite,Meite try to hit back with a fist,but other players stopped them.Few minutes later,trainning continued.
What is your source for this information Baki ?

During the Bolton's trainning in Belgrade' date=it's been a fight between Gary Speed and Abdoulaye Meite.After Speed started careless, first was verbal,than Speed kick Meite,Meite try to hit back with a fist,but other players stopped them.Few minutes later,trainning continued.
WERE DID U GET THIS NEWS FROM?

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Spartak Moscow-FC Zurich = home win The weather condition will be very hard. Also they will play on artificial pitch. Most of the Moscow team are Russian and will be hungry for success after their qualification for the Euro. Pavlyuchenko who scored 2 goals against England in his last game here. Straight win : Spartak

Nice write up Kojic, thanks. When a Manager cannot use one player and still leaves out another six 1st team regulars, I guess he's really sending a message... ...Lucas is indeed an interesting player who strangely enough never made it to one of the Big Clubs in Portugal (even though he played for one of the best teams in the country, Boavista but still not a top 3 club). Maybe now, playing abroad, he starts drawing more attention (which sometimes happens...)... Good luck! JC
The last time Bolton send out a lot of fringe players, they managed to score 2 against Bayern Munich while playing away and draw that match :eyes

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Bordeaux - Helsingborg Over 2,5 goals with 5/10 at 1,85. Two more or less relaxed teams in this group with the French side strangely leaking far too many goals this year and the Swedes scoring for fun. Smaller stakes than yesterday as I was wrong in 4 out of 5 picks with Overs. Also consider a small draw combo with Aris, Anderlecht, Aalborg and Austria in it with any 2,3 and 4 in it, no reasoning yet, just a feeling at least 3 of these will come out. Very small stakes though, 0.5/10 per line. An acca of home wins in Moscow,Leverkusen and Bordeaux at 3,73 also looks good to me, the home advantage should be good enough, stake 3/10. A single Crvena Zvezda to beat Bolton with 4/10 at 2,20. Not much to add here,Kojic 2003 said it all. Zvezda and Serbia let me down far too many times recently, but I simply trust his pick, the guy is very good. Staked exactly what my profit from yesterday was, do not feel very confident today. Good luck everyone.

The last time Bolton send out a lot of fringe players' date=' they managed to score 2 against Bayern Munich while playing away and draw that match :eyes

I think perhaps Munich underestimated Bolton more than anything and took Ribery off who was having a great game when they went 2-1 up. I don't believe Megson will be that interested in the UEFA cup as lets face it they have no chance of winning it so why risk injury and tiredness when there are important league games to come. The fact he has left those particular players at home speaks volumes to me. Can see the atmostphre at RS being very hostile - I certainly hope so as I have backed the home team :lol

Zvezda and Serbia let me down far too many times recently
No more,please:wall,kojic2003 and me are both Zvezda's funs,they let us down too meny times,but it looks like Bolton is comming like they don't care whats gonna happend.I never gamble on Zvezda,almost,but now odds look very nice,I took 2.45 in local. @Unbelievable,maybe kojic2003 push a little hard with "sending a message",but,don't you think that are bigger chances to win against second than against first team ? For the information about the fight,kojic2003 can read cyrilic,he can confirm it.

For the information about the fight,kojic2003 can read cyrilic,he can confirm it.
Yes, it's true... Probable lineups:

Red Star Belgrade: Randjelovic – Basta, Tutoric, Bajalica, Bronowicki (Andjelkovic) – Lucas, Milovanovic(cap) – Koroman, Milijas, Molina – Jestrovic

Bolton Wanderers: Al Habsi – Hunt, Michalik, Meite, Cid – Giannakopoulos, Guthrie, McCann, Speed – Wilhelmsson - Diouf

Thursday 6 December 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
Bayer Leverkusen v Sparta Praha (17:15 GMT)1.504.708.80100%
Spartak Moscow v Zürich (17:15 GMT)1.783.805.90100%
AaB v Getafe (19:45 GMT)3.503.502.37100%
Anderlecht v Tottenham (19:45 GMT)3.303.452.43101%
Aris Thessaloniki v Braga (19:45 GMT)2.463.353.40100%
Austria Magna v Panionios (19:45 GMT)2.483.253.50100%
Bordeaux v Helsingborgs IF (19:45 GMT)1.683.807.00101%
Red Star v Bolton (19:45 GMT)2.253.403.90100%
Just thought I would give the odds for all the games tonight. Personally I quiet like the look of Spartak Moscow at home to Zurich. I remember Spartak from their Champions League qualifing clash with Celtic, they were very impressive. They matched everything Celtic put to them and eventually after two 1-1 draws went out on penalities. Their domestic form wasnt bad this season either finishing 2nd in the premier liga 2 points behind winners Zenit. The game tonight will be played in Moscow and the artificial pitch along with the freezing temperatures will surely work in the Russians favour. Zurich are currently second in their domestic league...however I believe the Russian league to be superior to the Swiss league. In the uefa cup group, Spartak sit 2nd behind Zurich after 2 games. I feel the Russians will want to win this game to put them top of the league. Good luck all ;)

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Hello everyone! Another day of Uefa group matches and the same goes for today (as did yesterday). Don't expect all matches to go Over 2.5. There are a couple that have the potential to go Over, and I think some of you have hit on it. I'm gonna try and get as much info on the Austria-Panionios game as I can because there could be the possibility of an upset away win. Panionios has come off a couple bad results but all-in-all has a very good team, and Austria is unlikely to qualify for the next round...even with a win today (with a win, they'll be level with Galatasaray). The Leverkusen game might go Over 2.5, but again, it's a risk with these group phase matches. I'll try and check back in later if I have any important info.

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Red Star Belgrade(2.40) to beat Bolton Wanderers It was a clear NO BET game in the beginning, but due to all the mentioned reasons, the home win looks worth of shot!In Koroman, Milijas, Milovanovic and now Mauricio Molina, Red Star have got four outstanding match-winners who’re capable of scoring out of nothing(well, Red Star are actually living on the back of Koroman and Milijas throughout the whole season)!Red Star captain Milovanovic is only 22-23 years old, but he made his debut in the Euro Cups 5-6 years ago, with a cracking 25-meter strike in Verona, against a very strong Chievo side!The guy has a massive experience, already with lots of ups and downs in his career, so he’s also another one to watch in tonight’s match…He was also a pure star of U21 side in the last three European Championships U21(2 Finals and 1 Semi-final), having proved once again how powerful shots he has, with a great 20-meter strike for a 1:0 win over strong Italy U21(Chielini, Pazzini, Montolivo, Rosina,…)!He was on the bench with Kosanovic in charge, but now under new coach Jankovic he’s back into the starting lineup, with two cracking goals in the last three matches(3rd Goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hCnlGQrAC4 , 1st Goal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8cgJj0M3U )! Sparta Prague +1(2.25) to beat Bayer Leverkusen The handicap is way too high IMO!Bayer Leverkusen did pick up some form recently, but every now and then they look like they’re turning things around, but all of sudden they f*ck you up in style, so IMO they’re not to be trusted at all.At least not yet…Bayer Leverkusen always prefer high-tempo football, so they’ll surely be looking to make some enormous pressure on Sparta from very first minute, but also the fact is that Bayer Leverkusen, in fact most of their players(Schneider, Barnetta, Ramelow, Freier, Rolfes, etc…), are very predictable and once you read their game they start looking very impotent up front.Also, one must admit that most of their wins in the recent weeks were against struggling sides, like Arminia, Duisburg, Toulouse,…,who’re more or less the level(maybe even weaker) of Sparta Prague, but surely with less or no confidence at all!I’ve watched Bayer in the UEFA Cup against both Toulouse and Spartak Moscow and there was nothing impressive in them!This is the last match for Sparta and surely they’ll be looking to keep it very tight!Bayer Leverkusen still lack quality defenders and this could be a great chance for Sparta to hit them on the break! Bayer Leverkusen: Adler – Castro, Friedrich, Haggui, Sarpei – Ramelow, Rolfes – Freier, Barbarez, Barnetta – Kiessling Sparta Prague: Grigar – Pospech, Repka, Kadlec, Zabavnik – Rezek, Horvarth, Kladrubsky, Kisel – Dolek, Slepicka Aalborg +1/4(1.99) to beat Getafe I’m supporting Aalborg since the Qualifying Rounds against the Belgians and Sampdoria, so no reason to stop it now.They’ve pushed Tottenham all the way last week, showing how tough nut to crack they can be and I definitely expect something similar in tonight’s match as the confidence is certainly boosted by a great comeback against Lyngby at the weekend!Rade Prica is enjoying very good season after two horror seasons at Hansa Rostock and he could be a man to watch here! Bordeaux(1.68) to beat Helsingborg Helsingborg are through, Bordeaux not, so I find the French side as the motivated one.They need only one point though, maybe not even that, but still they have something to play for or at least they’ll be looking to reach the first place!Generally speaking, the class lies with them, so it’s hard to see Helsingborg, despite some strong finishing so far, outscoring them!

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December Just added for fun a Lucky 15 with bet365 - four anytime goalscorers tonight: Prica, Pavlyuchenko, Kiessling and Iaquinta, with odds between 2,37 and 3,00, stakes 1/10. If these don't score, then it might be another goal - dry evening. Didn't touch the Bordeaux game on purpose, would be jinx with my Over bet. Good luck

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December grubi10 - Aris is a very strong team this year, and that showed in particular in the draw vs. Bolton. For 93 minutes Aris was superior and should have walked away with all 3 points but was equalized in the last minute by Giannakopoulos (talk about ironic!) For tonight, I think Aris will have a full house chearing them on and their form is quite good (although they did lose 0-1 to AEK last round in the Greek League) I don't think this loss will affect them much and I expect a home win. A draw at the very worst, but I think Aris will take the 3 points into next Uefa game against Bayern where they'll be playing for first place. I don't think Aris will have any significant absenses, although I'll have to give a quick look to team news.

grubi10 - Aris is a very strong team this year, and that showed in particular in the draw vs. Bolton. For 93 minutes Aris was superior and should have walked away with all 3 points but was equalized in the last minute by Giannakopoulos (talk about ironic!) For tonight, I think Aris will have a full house chearing them on and their form is quite good (although they did lose 0-1 to AEK last round in the Greek League) I don't think this loss will affect them much and I expect a home win. A draw at the very worst, but I think Aris will take the 3 points into next Uefa game against Bayern where they'll be playing for first place. I don't think Aris will have any significant absenses, although I'll have to give a quick look to team news.
So 1x is my choice....thx :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 6th December 1,35 is too low a price for me to bet on. Not too low for 1X in this game, just too low in general because it means you have to wager (risk) much more. Another motivating factor for Aris is that their coach (Bayevic) was coach at Red Star last year and left the team on bad terms. I'm sure he would like to show his old employers his worth by qualifying with the most points possible while Red Star has to fight it out against Bolton.