Another Lay system

New poster to this site although been a regular reader for some time. I appologise if this has been done before (seen similar things) but I think it's a little different. Anyway, I tested a system last week and the results were:- 82 layed bets (all 10 unit stakes) 64 (79%) winning bets and a profit of 120 units. I am thinking of doing a paper trial but would would appreciated the experts view/ideas/input so that I can refine it before starting. Basically, what I will do is take the odds of one bookmaker (I have used Paddy Power) and if I can lay on betfair at odds of no more than 10% different to these odds I will do so. My thinking is that I will basically be acting as a bookmaker (and as they say, you never see a poor one). The odds that I lay at are obviously higher than a bookmaker but if I can limit the difference to no more than 10% I should get similar results to the bookmaker. They must have a margin of at last 10% built in to their odds and I will not have any of their overheads. A few things that I have would appreciate advise on:- 1. Does anybody know what a bookmaker generally has as a profit margin. I've assumed it to be at least 10% but if if I'm wrong maybe I need to change this criteria. 2. I've used Paddy Power because I think they generally offer reasonable odds but must still have that profit margin. Is that a fair assumption (I don't normally bet on horses - more of a football man). 3. I intend to limit the odds layed at to 7.00 simply because I don't want to get hit for a big one. However, the principle must be the same on long odds (although maybe the margin is different?) and therfore maybe I should not be using this restriction. Any advice very welcome and then I'll get it up and running. Cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.