Chepstow 28/11/07

Master Overseer 1.10 @3.50 Betfred Some top yards in this Novices Hurdle and this can go to David Pipe;s horse. This horse won an above average NH Flat race at Fontwell in March over 2m 2 1/2 f on heavy ground in convincing fashion in the hands of AP. Looking at the field Hobbs fields 3 horses which I'm really not enthused about on what they have achieved so far and to be honest the horse Richard Johnson rides you would think is the one the stable fancy most! however if anything I think he may have got on the wrong horse for the stable here as I think Coolock is probably the one who has the better chance in this race and could get some place money at a price. Nicholls horse won a dire Bumper on good to firm in May. a race which all those behind have done nothing to advertise the form since and throw into the fact that this horse has to prove it will like the ground points me to leave this well alone! All the other runners seem to me to be very average and Pipe's horse which is owned by big spending owner Thomas Barr should take this! Should it fail to take to hurdling at it's first attempt then an each way saver on Hobbs Coolock @26.00 Betfred :ok .

Re: Chepstow 28/11/07 Museo 1.45 @2.25 Betfred Short price here for this Irish raider! however it really ought to take this judged on its form. The trainer has only had one forray to these shores this year which resulted in a win for a horse called Third Level Tom at Exeter in May which it won fairly convincingly! Very interesting Irish challenger who signed off last year with a Flat win and shaped well when in first third of field in Naas maiden hurdle last month; prominent for long way when upped in grade latest and disappointing if he cannot go close at this lower level. It will be interesting to see how Merchent Paddy performs in the first as this is also from the same stable. :ok .

Re: Chepstow 28/11/07 What A Friend 1.10 Chepstow Sam Thomas and Paul Nicholls cant do anything wrong lately (trained 5 out of 6 winners in this race) and their new stablemate can well follow up today. Sir Alex Ferguson part own's it and its brought in from T.OBrien's yard since he landed the gamble at Newton Abbot winning in fine style by 3½L's. in fact Im just looking at Nicholls raiders (8 wins at this course this season so far) 4 runners 1240 Forest Pennant 1.10 (see above) 2.55 Teeton Babysham (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=601447&postcount=2 ) 3.55 Gullible Gordon ( could be anything but at 4's its a E/W) worth a L15 e/w?

Re: Chepstow 28/11/07

What A Friend 1.10 Chepstow Sam Thomas and Paul Nicholls cant do anything wrong lately (trained 5 out of 6 winners in this race) and their new stablemate can well follow up today. Sir Alex Ferguson part own's it and its brought in from T.OBrien's yard since he landed the gamble at Newton Abbot winning in fine style by 3½L's. have to agree with carl on this 1 when nicholls was asked on tele other day if fergie had horses with him he tipped this 1 up straight away and was very bullish :hope:ok

have to agree with carl on this 1 when nicholls was asked on tele other day if fergie had horses with him he tipped this 1 up straight away and was very bullish :hope:ok
was he really? cheers for that I didnt see it.:ok Teeton Babysham 2.55 Chepstow Fitness will have to be taken on trust but Im more than willing to trust Mr Nicholls, 4lb down from when last seen running 2nd over CD on the chase now back over hurdles he could well be the class act here. Last time he ran over hurdles here he won over CD by 28L's. 4/1

Re: Chepstow 28/11/07 must admit, you cant get away from Nicholls record here & his 2 in the first 2 races will no doubt be very fancied especially as the race (this is 2 div's of the same race) has a very good favs stat (7/10) & nicholls has won 6/10. However, a little saver on Alan Kings mount in the 12.40 West end rocker (currently 10/1). King has a very decent record over hurdles here with 33% SR. He also saddles Spare Cash in the 1.10 which hasnt run before & may be up against it with the leading fancies having been on the track prior. Spare Cash is 8/1 & at present, i am thinking of the following bet: 12.40 Forest Pennant / West end rocker 1.10 What a friend / Spare cash 4 x win doubles.

12.40 Forest Pennant / West end rocker 1.10 What a friend / Spare cash 4 x win doubles.
Might just have a do myself;) yeah cheers mate I was looking at King also, but a 5 year record shows that King has 13 wins here where as Nicholls has 52. Just looking at Kings Id have to fancy the last 2, 3.25 (no Nicholls raider) and the 3.55 (only 3 favs won in 10 attempts.). So im going for HIGHLAND CHIEF for a hat-trick. but I think Lingfield more Kings track and he's got one over there today.

Might just have a do myself;) yeah cheers mate I was looking at King also, but a 5 year record shows that King has 13 wins here where as Nicholls has 52. but I think Lingfield more Kings track and he's got one over there today.
I know what you are saying but he doesnt take too many to Chepstow so when he does they are worth considering. I'm looking at Lingfield now so will see what i can find. :ok

i am thinking of the following bet: 12.40 Forest Pennant / West end rocker 1.10 What a friend / Spare cash 4 x win doubles.
Might just have a do myself;) .
:@:@:@:@
Chepstow 12.40 Full Result
1st 9 Merchent Paddy (IRE) 7-4
2nd 4 Forest Pennant (IRE) 11-10 F
3rd 14 West End Rocker (IRE) 16-1
Chepstow 1.10
1st 2 Carruthers 5-1
2nd 14 What A Friend 4-1
3rd 13 Spare Cash (IRE) 17-2

Re: Chepstow 28/11/07 Poo...What A Friend had it I reckon until asked for a crazy full tilt leap at the last. Botched it badly allowing Carruthers to come past from 2 lengths down to a length up which he held up the run in. One sensible jump would have seen winnings picked up :cryahh well

my 1 and only bet today as well :@:@:@:@:@ i think it was more the horse than the jockey :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall
it was the horse that shyed away at the last minute & Sam nearly lost his irons trying to pull it back. Not sure what is after that hurdle but perhaps there is something on the track they are looking at?