MTT playstyle midtourney

Jonne

Hey guys, I have a situation in MTT midtourneys where I'm not entirely sure of what I have to do. Here's the situation, then I'll explain what I normally do afterwards: You're dealt 66 (or any other mid-pair) in late pos, let's say blinds are 50-100, and you're button -1. You have one caller at a 100, and call too to hit the nuts and try to take the pot down. SB folds, BB checks. Flop comes rainbow coloured: A68, pot is 350 atm. What would you do? Let's just for the sake of the discussion say the first on checks, now you're left to do your move. You have a very strong hand, would you slow play it? I'd bet 200 I think, maybe 300. Now let's say two of the cards are suited, then a pot-sized bet is probably what I'd do. Is that the right way to play these? Or would you try slowplaying the first one?

Re: MTT playstyle midtourney On the assumption that all three players have average stacks, you cannot afford to slowplay here. A pot sized bet will take it down unless someone has an Ace then you might get action. The problem with the slow-play is that you have a straight draw (and in the second scenario, a flush draw), and either limper could get their dream card. If a 7 comes down and someone goes all-in, you have no idea where you are. Just my thoughts:ok

Re: MTT playstyle midtourney

On the assumption that all three players have average stacks, you cannot afford to slowplay here. A pot sized bet will take it down unless someone has an Ace then you might get action. The problem with the slow-play is that you have a straight draw (and in the second scenario, a flush draw), and either limper could get their dream card. If a 7 comes down and someone goes all-in, you have no idea where you are. Just my thoughts:ok
I'm thinking the same... Okay AJ, let's assume all of them have about 3 k'ish (or whatever would be average) then :)

Re: MTT playstyle midtourney

Hey guys, I have a situation in MTT midtourneys where I'm not entirely sure of what I have to do. Here's the situation, then I'll explain what I normally do afterwards: You're dealt 66 (or any other mid-pair) in late pos, let's say blinds are 50-100, and you're button -1. You have one caller at a 100, and call too to hit the nuts and try to take the pot down. SB folds, BB checks. Flop comes rainbow coloured: A68, pot is 350 atm. What would you do? Let's just for the sake of the discussion say the first on checks, now you're left to do your move. You have a very strong hand, would you slow play it? I'd bet 200 I think, maybe 300. Now let's say two of the cards are suited, then a pot-sized bet is probably what I'd do. Is that the right way to play these? Or would you try slowplaying the first one?
With suited hands on the board I'm a little bit nervous and agree a pot sized or even an overbet of say 400 - 500 is called for to take the pot down. The difficult thing is what do you do it you get a caller or even a reraise. You could be facing someone drawing for a straight, but your more likely to face a hand you've got dominated like AK. With an unsuited hand in this position, and these stack sizes (short stacked I don't do this, why I asked), I'm going to throw out a little tiny beggar bet, perhaps of 100, begging for him to raise to something like 400 and take down the pot. At that stage I chuck in a large reraise, making it 1200 to go. He has enough chips to fold at this stage. Flop betting is pretty straight forward here, what I think is much more difficult is what do you do on the turn if he flat calls your bet ? Better to win a small pot than lose a big one here I think