Professional tipsters

Re: Professional tipsters

Sorry I may have written the thread wrong. I dont mean to get tips from or advice but peoples general views on them ie What do you think of Nevison and what they do for horse racing Cheers Gav
Don't know much about Nevison, saw him on the morning line I think and he seemed a decent enough bloke. You could class people out of the paper as professional tipsters like Templegate but personally I can't stand the fcuker, raves on when he has a winner and has the audacity to wear a crown but never mentions the losers or his dreadful record in the naps competition. At least the people on here acknowledge losers and a bad run.

Re: Professional tipsters

Are there any threads on here giving peoples views on any professional tipsters/ gamblers ie Dave Nevison etc?:spank
Dont know of him myself. But the free tips you have here are awesome .:ok That leaves me with 4 bets tomorrow on the favourite in the following races: 1.20 (tissue price of fav 7/4) 2.20 (7/4) 2.50 (11/4) 3.20 (7/2) I will need to back all four & need to decide : if i back singles only try to cover the place as long as i can identify the fav just before the off put them in a yankee ------------------------------------------------------------------ 12.50 I have already highlighted the fact that the favourites in the novice hurdles here only win 36% of their races in November. This race also has a trend of 4yo's winning 8 out of last 10 races, 2 favs have won in those 10 years. 3 of the last 10 have been making thier debuts over hurdles. Prince Taime fits the bill today & is a worthy challenger to the favourite. Interestringly this was bought out of Henry Dalys yard after winning its bumper in May. Daly has Pop today in opposition & thats another i give a chance to. Recommendation Lay the fav Ouzbeck @ 1.85 >betfair Back Prince Taime to win @ 9.2 >Betfair Back Pop to place @ 5.4 >betfair __________________ 2.20 A very interesting novice chase. My favs stats above show that 75% of favs have won in 12 races in November in last 7 years. The trainer stats on this course are also worth noting: Alan King 41% SR in chases here (7 from 17) G Macaire 60% SR at Warwick (3 from 5) P Nicholls 32% SR in chases here (11 from 34) Jonjo only has 11% SR here in chases (3 from 27) Pat Haslam has only 0 from 1 attempt. Nicholls has won this race 3 times in the last 6 years. Recommendation Back the favourite (should be the Nicholls horse) Back the Nicholls horse if not fav Marodima @ 2.88 >Betfair Have a saver on Pepsyrock @ 5.0 >Betfair __________________ This is just from one of our guys in the daily thread BOWLES10:ok You certainly dont need tipster's when you have PL.:clap:clap

Re: Professional tipsters I know a few tipsters & my dad knows Nevison from his days on the track, however those guys are professional & put a lot of work into thier bets. They have some good times & some bad times like the rest of us. You have to decide who you follow & what your style is. I have never followed tipsters religiously as i have always wanted to develop my own style.

Re: Professional tipsters Are we talking pro tipsters here or pro gamblers? I know pro gambler Alan Potts and listen avidly to what he has to say about a race. When he gives me a tip I will only use it as a saver bet when it does not coincide with my views. We should all try and learn as much as we can from pro gamblers as surely they are who we aspire to become. My own way of betting is more like Dave Nevison and John Noakes than Alan's but it does not stop me from learning from him. If you mean tipsters with tipping lines, do not waste your money. The best tip any pro gambler will give you is GET VALUE (know the table of odds and chances). Every horse has its price to be backed. I regard myself as a serious gambler, it is (believe it or not) my main source of income but I am not consistant enough to call myself a professional gambler. YET!!:lol

Re: Professional tipsters The truth is any punter can learn from reading and listening to what other punters think. Wether that is profesional gamblers or PL members. It was Alan Potts that first told me about the table of odds and chances (essential knowledge). I went to a West Berkshire Racing Club meeting where a chap called Andrew Gibson, who finished 2nd in the Search for a Tipster competition, told me how he found winners. Looking at patterns and profiles of horses. Although I have not subscribed to his website, I never the less found what he said valuable. Especially at the beginning of a season. But have also learnt from PL members. Billy Hills pointed out that I was not paying attention to weather forecasts. Sometimes betting too soon, before the going was known. Very much respect what Mowgli has to say about a race. There is a betting system about horses running for a second time in quick succession I found interesting. etc. etc. You don't have to follow tips to learn from PL members or "pro's". They may have different ideas and it helps to listen / read. Ginge