Rio over the sticks 07/08

The bank is reset to 1000pts & after a nice break it's time to dust off the betting boots. Cheltenham 2.35 Looking for an improver, under 9yo & with course form. The shortlist is L'Antartique, Idole First, Bob Hall, Private Be & Granit Jack. L'Antartique has a C&D win from The Jewson at the festival, 19 runners there so he can handle a big field as well & goes on any ground. Took a three runner intermediate chase at Carlisle two weeks ago on his return which should have him spot on for this. Stable in fair form & does ok here in chases. Idole First also has won at the festival at this trip in a big field & this is his ground here. Won FTO last season & although stable is not in top form they have not had many runners. Bob Hall was runner up over C&D four weeks ago, should come on for that but looked stables second string till Don't Push It dropped out. Also looks held by L'Antartique from the Jewson. Private Be beat Bob Hall 3l at Aintree in April & on these terms there shouldn't be much between them here. Still going well when brought down in that race four weeks ago. Just might be better on a flat track. Granit Jack could be anything. Has winning chase form from France & his course form is from the Supreme novices hurdle where he was runner up. This trip should suit better but he didn't run well FTO last season & the fences don't come much stiffer than these for a first chase run in this country. L'Antartique looks to have been laid out for this. Idole First is a fair price & will be running on at the death. Bets L'Antartique 30pts @ 7/1 Skybet Idole First 10pts @ 21.0 Betfair. 3.10 Blazing Bailey is the class act here & has to give all bar Juveignur almost 2st, the only other one in the handicap proper is Sonnyanjoe. Blazing Bailey is only a 5yo so should be open to more improvement on his good form of last season. Still in the race when falling three out at Aintree & a good third in the World Hurdle before. Can't see Juveignur winning this at 10yo & it looks like a prep for a chase run to me. Sonnyanjoe is in fine form & has won twice over here in his last three starts. The form of his last win at Chepstow is nothing special & while he is obviously race fit if Blazing Bailey is to go on to bigger things he ought beat this one. Of the rest Prince De Bersy could run well but is 12lb out of the handicap & the stable have a 7lb claimer up. Blazing Bailey can take this on his way to better things. Bet Blazing Bailey 50pts @ 5/2 Sportingbet. 3.40 A few of these have been round the block a few times & apart from maybe Simon I can't see the obvious improver. I've thrown a few bob away on him in the past but Sir Rembrandt would win this pulling a cart if he was within a stone of his best form. I'm hoping the change of stable might just perk the old boy up a bit as the Dartnall yard is in decent nick, I'll give him one last try. Bet Sir Rembrandt 20pts @ 8/1 VCbet. Rio.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.