Australian Football System

I am new to this website, but have recently developed a system to pick the over/under 2.5 goals for the Australian football competition (a-league). Basically, as all of the games in the a-league are on at different time due to television, it is possible to bet against a run of over/under 2.5 goals. The system I am using is to wait until there has been three in a row of either overs or unders then I bet on the opposite. If the run continues, then the stake is increased in the following way: 1st bet: 5 2nd bet:10 3rd bet: 40 4th bet: 160 5th bet: 320 I have back-tested this system and it yields 25% based on the last three years of the A-League. Starting with a 100 point bank, the first bet is for 5 points today in the game between Melbourne and Central Coast to be over 2.5 goals with Sportsbet.com.au @ 2.00 for a return of 10 points.

Re: Australian Football System If you want to mix this system up a bit, you can add a pick the score bet to make it a bit more interesting. So, when I bet that it will come out over, you also take a pick the score of 2-1, the most common over 2.5 goal score in the A-League. If the bet is under, you select 1-0 which is the most common under 2.5 score. This has come in 15 times out of 40 attempts over the past 3 years at minimum odds of 8-1 although you have to back both sides which halves the odds. Would have come in today.

Re: Australian Football System

As I am waiting until there has been a streak of 3 either overs or unders I am reducing the risk that is associated with the system.
I'm not even going to begin picking that sentence apart..... :\ Anyway, have a search on Martingale in this forum and you will see countless threads on it all coming to the same conclusion.
Also, I have infinite wealth!
No need to bet then! :tongue2 Good luck, I fear you will need it. :) Oh and :welcome to PL by the way! ;)

Re: Australian Football System Ok, so I am new to this site and have just read up about Martingale betting (should have done it before posting but.....) We will continue with the system and see how it goes. Interestingly, in the last 4 years of the EPL, the following over 9 in row occured: 11 overs in August 2003 9 unders in November 2003 9 unders in August 2005 10 overs in December 2006